A Flexitarian diet to save 10bn people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @WuTwo The comments are not about you or any other who is following a vegetarian type diet through your own choice, The venting forth is about a select group of multi billionaires who intend making a financial killing through the supply of materials and information on behalf of Big Ag who are funding this exercise. They have a vegan agenda that they wish to force on humanity across the world, and to do so by removing choice. through legislation, taxes and imprisonment. This is in their original mission statement document where these control methods are listed in order of preference.

This move to deprive most of the world population of choice, and to force a substandard and nutritionally poor diet onto us is not going to save the world. They have corrupted the environmental science to bolster false ethics that have absolutely nothing to do with animal welfare, or saving humanity, It is dubious if it will even save the planet since their science is so biassed toward their doctrine that they ignore simple truths. That plants sequester carbon when living, and emit greenhouse gases when they die. Whether it is in my stomach or that of a ruminant, or in landfill, or lying on the soil to wither away, or burnt off as stubble or land clearance. It is plants that cause Co2 and Methane, but man is accelerating the rate, Replacing animals with more plants does not change the basic equation. Burning fossil fuels does change the equation.

Reactions: Goonergal

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Drip irrigation is a great water saver.Various forms of hydroponics are very efficient in total production, water use and space/land requirements.

I do some aquaponics,fish in tanks feed the plants,lettuce and spices grow insanely well. I do gardening in self watering buckets,its essentially a simple form of hydroponics without pumps.The water use is fantastically minimal....it has to be,my water costs are sky high.I needed to go low water use or give up gardening.

Tech will keep marching on.Im not doom and glooming on supplies,but I do fear the agenda groups.

Goonergal,nice link!

Reactions: Goonergal

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you supposed to have that diet before or after meals?

D

Deleted member 308541

I am a flexitarian, I am pretty flexible what I eat as well.

Plenty of meat, chicken, eggs, cheese, veggies, bacon, snags of all descriptions, pretty flexible in what order i eat them. I eat some fruit also but I am not as flexible with that as fruit plays havoc with my bgl.

Did I mention meat...

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The UN is on record as saying MMCC wasn't about the climate, but a means of wealth resdistribution.

This nonsense is just another branch of that enforced change

milesrf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
spammers, off topic posters, side effects of a stroke
He’s the closet vegetarian who leads this constant barrage of “studies” rolling out of Harvard.
Have you tried telling Harvard that he's tarnishing their reputation?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Are the UK MPs backing this diet going to declare all conflicts of interest?
And undergo tests to establish if they have been brainwashed?

Reactions: 1spuds

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a flexitarian, I am pretty flexible what I eat as well.

Plenty of meat, chicken, eggs, cheese, veggies, bacon, snags of all descriptions, pretty flexible in what order i eat them. I eat some fruit also but I am not as flexible with that as fruit plays havoc with my bgl.

Did I mention meat...
Now that is a "Goodie Two Shoes" kind of response, while I sit here cleaning my guns for the Zombie Apocalypse... You know, I have never ever seen or heard of Zombies eating veggies... Coincidence?... I think not! :)

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried telling Harvard that he's tarnishing their reputation?
Unfortunately his 'research' attracts the power players such as Bill Gates and the Wellcome trust who fund the University as part of their global efforts to save the planet aka Eat Lancet. So he keeps Harvard in the manner to which they have become accostomed as well as bringing world media attention to them. There is no simple way to dislodge him either from there or Oxford Martin where he currently works from.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do they ever? Since when? They do not know it is wrong. I mean the UN and the EU and until recently the WHO FAO wholeheartedly gave backing to Eat Lancet diet, so how are they going to question that vast array of wisdom, especially when all of Big Ag is behind it too. Kelllogs, Nabisco, Nestle, Cargill, Monsanto, Rockerfeller, Wellcome, Lancet, Harvard, Oxford, Queens Belfast, Gates Foundation, Stordahlen et al.

I see China culled some 250, 0000 pigs this year in one province alone and bulldozed them into the soil just to meet the new regulation to achieve 50% reduction in animal food production by 2020, after signing up for Eat Lancet on New Years Eve last year. It is after all the year of the Pig.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I note from the Eat Lancet paper that most of the protein they envisage being used will be labgrown from embryo stem cells or from fish. In their first draft all animal products except fish was to be excluded (i,e, read culled to extinction) but seeing the problems we are experiencing in feeding fish to our current populations, I suspect this is a wet dream gone wrong. So it seems they will have plans to breed some animals for stem cell harvesting for their veggie burgers and fake meat sales, but the majority will be anihilated in the name of saving the animals - seems a bit base over apex to me. The original draft of the plan was indeed vegan only, and I suspect that this will be stage 2 of the conquest once the herds have been slaughtered and we have wall to wall monoculture farming ( or the wasteland deserts that follow monoculture farming, especially when the carbon fuels are closed down so fertiliser becomes difficult to make)

Of course, the lack of biovalent vitamins and essential nutrients in this depleted diet of theirs will mean that most of the population will be too weak to do anything about it, and the robot farms will churn out pills galore for all of us except the disgustingly rich elite. The ultimate capitalist dream.

I agree completely, my biggest concern is the lack of nutrients. Not to mention this constant need to tell everyone what they can eat and cannot. The whole thing is absurd imo.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree completely, my biggest concern is the lack of nutrients. Not to mention this constant need to tell everyone what they can eat and cannot. The whole thing is absurd imo.
Here is an article that looks specifically at the Save the Planet diet by a renowned Nutritionist.
http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2019/01/the-eat-lancet-diet-is-nutritionally-deficient/

It may be absurd to you and I but it is expected to be enacted by the end of 2020 in the UK according to the Climate Change Committee earlier this month and as presented to the Commons this month, The House of Lords debated it last month and did not fully endorse it but it did have many proponents behind it,

A family member of mine was a livestock and dairy farmer, but this year he sold off his herds, and is converting his land for camping and leisure instead, If we Brexit without a deal, then there will be a 60% tariff slapped on livestock products both import and export if the Tory emergency tariff list gets enacted, Wheat and grain will attract zero tariffs. See where we are going?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Here is an article that looks specifically at the Save the Planet diet by a renowned Nutritionist.
http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2019/01/the-eat-lancet-diet-is-nutritionally-deficient/

It may be absurd to you and I but it is expected to be enacted by the end of 2020 in the UK according to the Climate Change Committee earlier this month and as presented to the Commons this month, The House of Lords debated it last month and did not fully endorse it but it did have many proponents behind it,

A family member of mine was a livestock and dairy farmer, but this year he sold off his herds, and is converting his land for camping and leisure instead, If we Brexit without a deal, then there will be a 60% tariff slapped on livestock products both import and export if the Tory emergency tariff list gets enacted, Wheat and grain will attract zero tariffs. See where we are going?

I'll check out the link, thanks.

Well, if wheat and grains attract no tariffs then it is very clear the direction.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If we Brexit without a deal, then there will be a 60% tariff slapped on livestock products both import and export if the Tory emergency tariff list gets enacted
I don't disagree with your general point and I am certainly not advocating a no deal Brexit but just for the sake of accuracy....
The emergency tariff you mention is 60% of the EU's most favoured nation rate, which is about 12% I believe, so a tariff of 7.5%.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't disagree with your general point and I am certainly not advocating a no deal Brexit but just for the sake of accuracy....
The emergency tariff you mention is 60% of the EU's most favoured nation rate, which is about 12% I believe, so a tariff of 7.5%.
Here is the tariffs applicable to bovine products
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...k-leaves-the-eu-with-no-deal#bovine-meat-beef

Here is another gov document on the categories of product that need special application of tariffs if no deal
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/temporary-tariff-regime-for-no-deal-brexit-published

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is the tariffs applicable to bovine products
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...k-leaves-the-eu-with-no-deal#bovine-meat-beef

Here is another gov document on the categories of product that need special application of tariffs if no deal
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/temporary-tariff-regime-for-no-deal-brexit-published

From you first reference.....
5. Bovine meat (Beef)
Where there is a TRQ volume amount for a commodity, the in-quota tariff rate is 0%.

Commodity code Commodity description Tariff rate TRQorder number
02011000 Carcases or half-carcases of bovine animals, fresh or chilled 6.8 + 93.3 euros/100kg 097701

The tariff rate appears to be 6.8% Where did you get 60% from?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
The problem is that this kind of mumbo jumbo “science” really does carry weight with the masses. It doesn’t matter what is true, it only matters what people believe, and the majority believe anything they read in the press so long as it has “scientist” somewhere in the body of text.

We can laugh this stuff off but I genuinely will not be surprised if this sort of rubbish results in taxation and legislation. It’s true that the real-food movement is taking great strides forward, but sometimes I fear that it’s never going to be enough to overcome the corporate might of those with a vested interest in the continued obfuscation of the truth.

I can only hope that the wisdom of the crowds really does eventually crush the anointed, otherwise we are all bleeped.
I will soon have fleshed out my ideas, not as extreme as Extinction Rebellion but hopefully effective. I am not prepared to have my right to quality (preferably local animal based foods) curtailed. I believe it would actually be ultimately illegal to take away, what I an others can prove has been medicinal.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Tbh,most of our UK Mp's, don't even have one brain cell between the lot of them ..............:rolleyes: