Meaty May - for those with carnivorous tendencies

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
had more than usual about 70g probs and they were fresh not my usual frozen.. might be a diff reaction? dunno..

Maybe just a shock to the system? Hopefully bloating etc. will have gone by tomorrow morning.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe just a shock to the system? Hopefully bloating etc. will have gone by tomorrow morning.
Its going down a bit already due to some... err gaseous emissions.. luckily I was flying a kite (literally) in the open air!
Hubs nephew is staying..

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
had more than usual about 70g probs and they were fresh not my usual frozen.. might be a diff reaction? dunno..

As far as BG is concerned (not weight) I have always eaten fresh raspberries and strawberries because frozen ones raise my levels. I put this down to them getting soggy/mushy when they defrost, a bit like juicing them.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As far as BG is concerned (not weight) I have always eaten fresh raspberries and strawberries because frozen ones raise my levels. I put this down to them getting soggy/mushy when they defrost, a bit like juicing them.
Thats interesting.. I usually crunch them so don't let them defrost at all...but you all know I'm an oddball!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats interesting.. I usually crunch them so don't let them defrost at all...but you all know I'm an oddball!

If I have raspberries, I always prefer them frozen, with double cream poured over immediately they go into the bowl, so that it freezes onto the surface.

Yummmmm.

I must be about due for my half yearly dessert?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stolen from Twitter

9BA5A803-DA59-4FA0-891B-7335C4146E65.jpeg

M

Member496333

@Jim Lahey
You might be onto something with your raw liver.. although sous vide may help too

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5788147/

Just popped up on twitter from Frowny Face..

I’m starting to really develop a taste for it. It’s odd but my body just seems to know that’s it’s packed full of essential nutrients. Enormous sense of wellbeing and satiety after eating it. Like a lion relaxing in the grass under a tree after a good fill :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m starting to really develop a taste for it. It’s odd but my body just seems to know that’s it’s packed full of essential nutrients. Enormous sense of wellbeing and satiety after eating it. Like a lion relaxing in the grass under a tree after a good fill :D

I would check out the vitamin A levels though, and check you aren’t getting too much. You can get some rather nasty overdose symptoms from Vit A.

Of course, I’m saying that with no idea how much A is present in your variety of raw liver, or the size of your portions, but thought it was worth mentioning...

(Check out the History section of this Wiki link)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been thinking about the hypercarnivore thing...

Maybe I should declare myself an obligate carnivore (at the moment). On account of my guts doing unhappy dances if I eat veg or anything with fibre in it...

Mind you, except for that dreadful Muesli Incident, I think the situation maybe improving a little in recent months. I survived the profiteroles, didn’t I? And they had nut and flax flour in them! Albeit v small quantities.

It has now been 18 months of carnivore, so maybe things will continue to slowly improve. The Paleomedicina people look at gut permeability repairing on strict carni, but it can take 3 years. But I am nowhere near as dairy-free and ZERO plant as they advocate.

M

Member496333

I would check out the vitamin A levels though, and check you aren’t getting too much. You can get some rather nasty overdose symptoms from Vit A.

Of course, I’m saying that with no idea how much A is present in your variety of raw liver, or the size of your portions, but thought it was worth mentioning...

(Check out the History section of this Wiki link)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

Thanks. Not sure I’m currently eating enough of it for that to be an issue, although that may change in June so I’ll keep it in mind. I don’t take any supplements which will of course help a little.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As Meaty May draws to a close.. to be followed by who knows what June... thought I'd do an update

Start weight 208.0 pounds End weight 203.2
Start Body fat 26.6% End 26.4%
Start Visceral Fat 12 End 11
Start BMI 28.2 End BMI 27.6

So tightening up a bit has had multiple benefits although maybe not as dramatic as I'd hoped.
I have been down to 201 pounds a couple of times but haven't yet hit the magical sub 200.. maybe June.
Bloods have averaged 4.8 on the Tee2 with a range of 3.7-5.7 and every time have tested have registered ketones.

I hope you enjoyed watching (and participating) as much as I enjoyed the steaks!

Reactions: Brunneria

DianaMC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh stop it..!
This was yesterdays diary..View attachment 33266

I'm foxed..and quite annoyed because I had been down to 201 pounds (scarily close to sub 200) for a couple of days then went up 1 pound to 202 and am now at 204!

Maybe the raspberries and roast lamb portion tipped things over? Only thinking on the basis of large amount of protein can convert to carb (or so I’ve recently read, rather depressingly!)

I don’t eat much fruit as I think I’m hyper sensitive to it - tend to keep to a count of 5-6 raspberries with something creamy (Greek yogurt, or a mix of that with some mascarpone, whipped up with bit of vanilla and xylitol - quite nice!) I suppose the creamy stuff is high quite protein, so maybe I should use a measured amount, but haven’t got to that stage with dairy items yet.

I read somewhere too, in general diet and weight loss issue terms, that a gain of a few lbs might be the result of a few day’s eating etc - ie cumulative.

Have also noticed that when I gain extra pounds, eg after 1-2 weeks holiday where it’s harder to restrict food to my ideal content, it soon disappears again after a week of normal (for me) eating.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We need to meet up for a meat feast.

I’m still in a field, eating almost nothing and doing absolutely fine and I’ve no desire to stop this easy food thing.

I’ve obviously lost a lot more weight, I’m looking forward to a weigh in on Monday.