Completely sick of this.

Flic2019

Warning this is a completely pointless post. Don’t feel you need to read it or reply I just need somewhere to vent.

I’m so sick of this. Sick of not being able to eat anything I want. Sick of trying so hard and levels still being high. Sick of feeling sick from these stupid tablets.

On the verge of Justin ignoring the fact I have diabetes. I’m so down right now I can’t even be bothered to eat anymore.

I’m sick of eating something without thinking and panicking about it for hours.

I truly wish I had never found out :(

Sorry. Just felt I needed to get that out before I explode :(

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
Hello Flic
A good place to have a vent!
Sending hugs, tomorrow’s another day and might be a good one
Take care.
Jan

Mel2019

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I didnt want to read and run, have you spoken to your doctor about the tablets making you feel sick?

Have you a dietician or even a diabetic nurse that can help you in anyway?

Reactions: 1spuds

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Can you let us know a bit more about your type (T2?) and what you feel you can't eat etc. I guess the tablets will be Metformin? If so do ask your GP for the Slow Release (SR) version which is much kinder. Although you do need to control the carbs you can still have proteins and fats. How long is it since you were diagnosed? Do discuss your worries with the GP. There are further tablets beyond Metformin that can be prescribed and most of them won't leave you feeling sick.

M

Member496333

If you choose to ignore it, I promise you with absolute certainty that you will regret it.

KookieMunchster

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Religious & Political Fanaticism, that sneeze that just won't happen, creepy ventriloquist dolls and oompaloompas.
Warning this is a completely pointless post. Don’t feel you need to read it or reply I just need somewhere to vent.

I’m so sick of this. Sick of not being able to eat anything I want. Sick of trying so hard and levels still being high. Sick of feeling sick from these stupid tablets.

On the verge of Justin ignoring the fact I have diabetes. I’m so down right now I can’t even be bothered to eat anymore.

Totally get it!
Big hugs to you.

It just takes time sometimes.
You're changing your diet from one that hasn't been doing you any good for a while.
Honestly, no one should be eating anything they want :dead:

Don't give up now when you've already put in so much work.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sometimes I wish I didn't have to do everything that type 1 entails, but you know what, I want to live and live a good life, I watch what I eat and can't have many foods because of another medical condition, but sending you a (((((((hug))))))))
Tomorrow's another day, take deep breaths, count to ten and just take little steps at a time, it is manageable, so try not to let it get to you.
Diabetes can be like riding a tiger, if you let go, it can savage you, but if you hold on, you might be able to steer it away from potential harm.
Take care

Flic2019

I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago.

I’m waiting to hear back about bloods as they don’t know yet if it’s type 1 or type 2 (more likely to be type 2 o think)

I was diagnosed and released from hosp after 4 days and that’s it I’ve been on my own.

First appointment with diabetic nurse isn’t until 19th June

I just feel so overwhelmed I think. It was kinda thrown on me and I feel completely alone with it.

Xxx

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Please lean on us for support
Your feelings are a normal response
It does get easier
Once your levels are more controlled you can if you want have treats
I know it's hard I really understand
You will start to feel less tired etc when your levels are more controlled
It is so important that you don't just ignore diabetes
Here to listen anytime
Vent away if it helps
Take care

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wanted to say you are not alone. My bf always told me “today is the first day of the rest of your life”. Everyday is small improvements to learn and gain back some control. As for food, it’ll be tough at first but it’s not limited - you can eat as much protein, veg, healthy fats as you want. There are loads of food recipes and ideas that you can try - I heard some dark chocolate makes people happy. :) I know some carbs raise my bg to unspeakable levels and it’s not worth it. So testing your BG will tell you whether that food is doing you any favours. You’ll be much happier in the long run so don’t ignore your new friend. Your new friend just needs some attention, some TLC and some better food options.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't want to just pass by.....I do hope you feel better soon. I was also diagnosed recently and, well, just left to get on with it. Luckily I am myself a doctor, so I can only imagine how hard it is for people who are not medically trained to be just "left" like this. Please don't give up, this community is understanding and supportive and know what life is like with the Big D - you are certainly not alone!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
@Flic2019 Hey I just wanna say that I get it and you’re valid for feeling that way. Up till recently I was lamenting it all, a 30 year old and I can’t have pizza anymore?! Why me?! But it’s just the process we go through, I remember @DCUKMod once gave me a good way of looking at it like one would look at grief. It’s a process to go through and adaptation to losing something but it’ll pass as you settle in. Never think you have to go it alone or anyone will pass you by around here because we are in this together and fighting all the way.

Any one of us would be happy to be a shoulder to lean on if you need it, don’t deprive but thrive in your own way x

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Flic it will get better. In the meantime, are there any treats you are missing? Perhaps we can point you at some acceptable alternatives.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’m waiting to hear back about bloods as they don’t know yet if it’s type 1 or type 2 (more likely to be type 2 o think)

I was diagnosed and released from hosp after 4 days and that’s it I’ve been on my own.

I just feel so overwhelmed I think. It was kinda thrown on me and I feel completely alone with it.

Xxx

just count the grams of carbs you eat in a meal and stay under 30 grams in each meal... that´s a start

here is a link to a lot of delicious meal-kinds you can eat in fact ;

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'

Xxx
Flic I have agreed with almost everything people posted to you above...

Join in the posts mate... read, learn, learn how to learn! Learn how to relax.

Take it from us (us) being people that have been exactly where you temporally are at this moment in time.

Trust us when we say, 'this will pass'. In time you will know what course of action to take. Which threads are relevant to you, and important to read and understand.

This site is jam packed full of stuff (err. Perhaps not the best metaphor to use) Unless it’s sugar free then it’s OK.

For now, just begin to understand there is a way forward for you, when you are ready to fully engage with it.

Doing nothing my friend is truly not an option. I am certain there are plenty here who used to have that thought. However, the fact they are still here proves they changed their view point as indeed you will too.

Remember Flic... The only silly question is the one you don’t ask!

I knew Zero about diabetes a few weeks ago. Now I am an expert! ‘What’s that Pat (the other half) OK I’m NOT an expert. But I know loads… ‘What? OK, I know a little bit more than I used to know a couple of months ago……..

Remember life is for living… Do you have any hobbies? Things you really enjoy doing? Things you fancy learning? Think about something anything other than diabetes for a while.

How long is a while? That is where your freedom comes in Flic!
You have the power to change your life, right here, right now my friend.

You have joined up. That is the first step... a huge positive step in the right direction mate.

Oh! and may the force be with you

Poda

Last edited:

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a 30 year old and I can’t have pizza anymore?!
It may seem overwhelming at first,but there is actually a pizza you can make and its actually good!

So they gave you a scary diagnosis then sent you on your way? No wonder youre so upset.

If this is type 2 you are going to find its not that tough after all.In the meantime,go ahead and start eating low carb/high fat.LCHF will become your friend.So cut the bread,rice,starches,potatoes,processed grains like cereals,fruit juices and high sugar fruits (you can still eat some as you will learn on fruits.) Processed foods are loaded with sugar,so read labels and avoid those. Obviously no added sugars.

ALL carbs are sugar when processed by our body,so clearly we dont want sugars.Again,thats simplistic,above ground veggies are going to be OK.We eat fat and protein because thats all thats left.And fat wont kill you,wont give you a heart attack,and you can lose weight eating fats.Surely not what you knew going into this I bet.

You will get a meter and test before and 2 hours after meals in the beginning until you learn what is and isnt good for you.After that you can cut back on testing.IE,You wont have to test your breakfast after you learn what does and doesnt work.You will test when you get up,thats an important number,called your Fasting Blood Glucose,FBG.Total testing will be a work in progress,eventually you will tweak to what works for you.

EAT TO YOUR METER...that means if sugars dont spike,eat it. Testing is the key to success when starting out,you need to know your friends and enemies on what is good foods.

You can eat all the meat you want,and fat will now be your friend,but that story is for another day.Learn to love yogurt,plain high fat greek style without any additives,throw in black berries or raspberries,it will be your new sweet treat.And you can actually eat 85% chocolate.Pork rinds (scratchings) are a snack that wont harm you a bit.Cheeses are good for you too.Sounds crazy,but your palate will change,you will learn new foods that are yummy and good for us too.

Sounds overwhelming,it really isnt.Just take a deep breathe.And see the Dr right away about the 'pills' and the GI distress.That will be better too.

And....many many type 2 can do this with diet alone,and the diet is pretty simple too.You are what you eat will become clear.

Upshot?Its doable,you can do it,and you will.Its not the end of the world as you know it,not by a long shot.Its not a fatal diagnosis,Dr could have told you a hundred things worse than diabetes.

Welcome to the board,youve landed among friends whose only desire is to support you and show you the way/how to succeed.Unlike the medical community who often arent all that helpful.The EXPERTS are right here.Read and learn and its all going to be OK.

My rant is predicated on type 2,if type 1 its a different story.

Big cyber hugs to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's good to rant, as long as you get over it and I sincerely hope you do. The going gets easier with practice. Optimism is our best weapon.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I am sorry you feel so frustrated but it is totally understandable. I think you might be quite young so are really finding this hard. As you well know Diabetes can make life very complex if you dont control your BG. However its a matter of getting your head in the right place and there are very many great foods you can have without much to worry about. Burgers with all the trimmings just without the bun, steak, salad or veg but no chips, cheese, natural yogurt (Fage is really mild) a few berrries added.

Reactions: Kittycat_7_

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Members on the Forum have spoken and I completely agree with their submissions. Your feelings I would say is just a passing phase. Don't relent. You are in the right place and members are always there for all of us.

Flic2019

I am sorry you feel so frustrated but it is totally understandable. I think you might be quite young so are really finding this hard. As you well know Diabetes can make life very complex if you dont control your BG. However its a matter of getting your head in the right place and there are very many great foods you can have without much to worry about. Burgers with all the trimmings just without the bun, steak, salad or veg but no chips, cheese, natural yogurt (Fage is really mild) a few berrries added.

I’m 30 lol. I know I’m too old to be so pathetic about it haha. Xxx