Highs and lows

GlitterSparkles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi sorry havent been on for a while been quite busy anyway what have your levels been like well i have just come back from a holiday today and i was at 9.2 dismorning so i had 5.0 units of insulin but me and my brother went to the park when i was walking back i started to feel a little low so i asked my mum where my monitor was she told me and i tested it was 3.8 also just 15min before going out it was up at 15 does this happen to any of you where you just drop ?????

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi sorry havent been on for a while been quite busy anyway what have your levels been like well i have just come back from a holiday today and i was at 9.2 dismorning so i had 5.0 units of insulin but me and my brother went to the park when i was walking back i started to feel a little low so i asked my mum where my monitor was she told me and i tested it was 3.8 also just 15min before going out it was up at 15 does this happen to any of you where you just drop ?????
Hello @GlitterSparkles
Good to see you posting again. Sorry I don’t have the answer for you, but think someone with the knowledge should be along soon.
Calling @Diakat , @Juicyj , @urbanracer

Reactions: Kittycat_7_

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Thanks @Pipp
Hi again @GlitterSparkles
Sadly yes it can happen- especially if I’m dashing about in the park after my active daughter. So I’m guessing that if you and your brother were running, playing on stuff. Then you could have dropped suddenly because of the activity.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@GlitterSparkles . Simple answer . YES.
The trick is to try and figure out how it happened. Figure that out and you put that information into the “ I can do this “ box:).
Obviously there are always the times when no matter how hard you try you just can’t figure out why it’s happened.:)
When this happens put it in the “ move on in life “ box.:)

Reactions: Daphne917

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
That combination of insulin to correct a high and exercise which makes us absorb insulin a but faster ( particularly if say thevinjection was in a thigh and we walked or ran.
Another lesson learnt, experience noted and well done on spotting your hypo and knowing what to do.

Reactions: GlitterSparkles