What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning at 6:30.
And 5.9 last night.

If my memory is right this is the lowest fasting number since my diagnosis.

Last night’s dinner was a tiny chappati with spicy roasted eggplant (baingan bhartaa) and a salad. I had some nuts later as a snack before bedtime

Happy weekend everyone.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Happy Saturday finger pricking, screen watching, BG controlling citizens of the world!

Well Yesterday I consumed a total of 12g of carbs. I went out for an hour’s ride on my mountain bike. Phew! (That was between 17:00 & 18:00 Meter went UP! 1.1) I did not except that.

I had these numbers throughout the day…

06:30 - 6.6

14:30 - 5.8

16:30 - 5.6

18:00 - 5.7

22:30 - 5.1

This morning just look at what that ungrateful meter woke me up to 6.8.

Yes, that’s correct 6.8

Right that’s it!

You can stay in your pouch all day today, while I toil away outside with my chain saw cutting up logs to keep you warm next winter in a sweltering heatwave that’s settling in over Norfolk. Whilst you do nothing!

Ha! that will teach you.

Po

(I’ve not had my coffee yet I might reconsider)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 for me this morning @08.00 have a brilliant weekend everyone.
I'm braving going out for a meal this evening for my daughters 18th birthday I do plan to stay on track (low carb) so will have to see what my levels are like tomorrow.

Carolanne58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Mine was 6.8 this morning the same nearly every morning but usually go down to 5.8 during the day

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Lovely numbers you have no doubt down to a lot of hard work on your part :)
Thanks it's taken a while and the numbers are not always quite so good but losing 8 .5 Stone thats about 54 Kg and keeping the carbs low helped a lot. :)

Edit to add

I have had people ask me on the forum and by PM how I did it.

But I am hesitant to tell them because I did it by very drastic means and if some one tried to emulate that it could do them harm I certainly did not get away with it scot-free.

Lost a lot of muscle mass for example.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks it's taken a while and the numbers are not always quite so good but losing 8 .5 Stone thats about 54 Kg and keeping the carbs low helped a lot. :)

Edit to add

I have had people ask me on the forum and by PM how I did it.

But I am hesitant to tell them because I did it by very drastic means and if some one tried to emulate that it could do them harm I certainly did not get away with it scot-free.

Lost a lot of muscle mass for example.
The fact is that u have done it by whatever means that you personally felt it needed. We can all learn from each other but at the end of the day we all have to find what suits us . :)

Reactions: Prem51