and i really need tips on how to prevent weight gain from it
without going on a drastic diet
please help me
i dont want to gain more weight
last time i gained over 50 pounds
and i know for a fact i do not eat too
much

blacknjr

go to a nutrition and let her help u with it but my personal advice for you is try to keep your blood sugar in range + drink so much water and exercise 3-4 times a week

SimonCrox

One is not allowedd to suggest treatment here, but studies show that the weight gain associated with insulin is a bit less if taking metformin at same time, and much less if taking a GLP-1 RA injection such as liraglutide at same time. One study suggested that weight gain was less on bedtime levemir than other insulins, but not sure whether this is real or not cos levemir not as strong as other insulins (which can be helpful eg in frail elderly)
And this is all in type 2 diabetes, not Type 1 or type 3c
Best wishes

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really feel for you cdpm - weight gain is a formidable enemy, and I fight it all the time too. Being on insulin must make it so much harder. I don't really know what to say except that I find it helps me to talk about it.

Most of us know how hard weight loss is to achieve, let alone maintain. The statistics are horrifying, but we can only fight and hope we will be in the tiny percentage that succeed.

I sometimes slip into conspiracy theory mode and wonder how it is that we still have so little in the way of genuinely helpful treatments for weight loss and regain. Could it be immensely powerful vested interests in protecting economies based on the sale of harmful food types, and I'm talking about overbred grains, fruits and vegetables that no longer resemble those our bodies evolved to eat, not just the highly processed stuff that addicts us. Could be, I guess.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As insulin is a fat carrying hormone, too much circulating insulin will inhibit weight loss and is likely to make you gain weight. The only way to stop this is to use less insulin - and this can only be achieved by eating fewer carbs.