T1 food.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was hypoish when I eat this so waited until I was going up to inject roughly 10-20 minutes after finishing it.
Thanks for reminding me to take the rest of my bolus for my meal! Hypoish as well when starting, so took half of what I thought I'd need thinking I'd take the rest after 30 minutes or so, and promptly forgot about it. So now, thanks to your reminder, I caught it before going high!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
levelled out at 7.3 at the moment but not sure if the tech is telling porky pies :shifty:
Sometimes tech makes me want to test just to see if it's about right even when I know that whatever it is, it's fine. My tech currently tells me I'm 4.4, which tells me I'm probably between 5.5 and 6.5 and I itch to know even though it's all wonderful so who cares.

Reactions: WuTwo

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I showed the photo of Suejb octopus to my daughter and her boyfriend last night, both thought it was horrible, I thought my daughter was going to pass out or be sick, her face !! :eek::eek: and before bed too :oops:
@Robinredbreast they need to try it but would probably have to wear a blindfold to give a fair opinion:watching:

Reactions: Antje77

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5z1aax.jpg

Last nights tea round 45g carb, Gingsters Pastie, some small spuds, veg and half corn on the cob.

I was running on the high side at tea so over cooked he insulin a little, think I injected around 6u in total because I had some onboard from earlier however it did not go down even with the half bottle of wine in me, so after that is a little hazy.
But according the xDrip about an hour and half later I was up at the 10.7 mmol mark so shoved another 4u in.

Worked think I woke at some stupid time and did a quick scan with the Libre reader and i said 2.5 but that was more like 3.2 and thought "compression reading" so ignored it, woke up with a 4.5 so that worked.
@Knikki that's some plate of food! I didn't recognise the pasty.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
No pics I'm afraid, but I had chicken, new potatoes in butter and parsley with a rainbow salad, for pud, fresh strawberries and cream, it was delish :hungry:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Mel dCP - I agree with @Knikki - I'd substitute the sheep cheese with something vegan (I am learning how to make assorted vegan cheeses) but aside from that - yum!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spanish chicken tonight, it's cooking in the slow cooker, Olé :chicken:

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I'm having creamy coconut garlic mushrooms, steamed broccoli, jacket potato and seitan tender-steak brushed with garlic olive oil. I'll follow it up with blueberries and coconut yoghurt. (All dishes are vegan)

And now I've eaten it and it was absolutely scrummy. No pic because I just ripped into it.....

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm having creamy coconut garlic mushrooms, steamed broccoli, jacket potato and seitan tender-steak brushed with garlic olive oil. I'll follow it up with blueberries and coconut yoghurt. (All dishes are vegan)

Lovely, except for coconut yogurt :yuck: lol

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Lovely, except for coconut yogurt :yuck: lol

Ah, I like it - that and the almond one. They're Alpro thick, plain "with a hint of" yoghurts. Very partial to yoghurt. Was thinking I'd like to make my own - I'd have to get a machine because we don't have an airing cupboard (we have one of those heat as you go boilers, so don't need a tank).

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ah, I like it - that and the almond one. They're Alpro thick, plain "with a hint of" yoghurts. Very partial to yoghurt. Was thinking I'd like to make my own - I'd have to get a machine because we don't have an airing cupboard (we have one of those heat as you go boilers, so don't need a tank).

Love yogurt :hungry::happy: dislike coconut :yuck:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Love yogurt :hungry::happy: dislike coconut :yuck:

Ah! I'm a coconut fan! There are these scrumptious little tarts - shortcrust pastry case, little blob of the fruitiest jam you can find (low sugar tastes fruitier), topped by a coconut sponge mixture. Bake. Stand by while WuTwo elbows everyone out of the way and runs off with the cooling tray ......

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ah! I'm a coconut fan! There are these scrumptious little tarts - shortcrust pastry case, little blob of the fruitiest jam you can find (low sugar tastes fruitier), topped by a coconut sponge mixture. Bake. Stand by while WuTwo elbows everyone out of the way and runs off with the cooling tray ......

I'm going right off you now :D( not really <3) you must stop talking about coconut, it's the devils food :mask::inpain: arrrgghhhhh

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I've got curry tonight, with rice and I simply must have some green veggies so I'll steam some broccoli and baby courgettes, and I might see if there's anything else I could chuck in the steamer basket (it's a double decker).

Then if I've got room I'll see what's in the fruit basket and chop some up.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I see so many food items on here that I personally wouldn't touch, so I thought I'd post up a few T1D meals I eat to add some variety, I'm currently looking to gain a couple of kg so have upped the portion size and insulin injection to suit, I'm coming up to my 34th or 35th diaversary, mostly with a hba1c of 52 but down to 46 using a Libre. View attachment 28577 So here we have a supermarket best 700g fish pie, 67g carbs, 80g protein, some fat, basmati rice at 54g carbs the portion and a 300g pot of low fat humous with chilli sauce @ 20g carbs with mange tout, broccoli and carrots, 8u Humalog and bloods peaking at 6.8 tho I'll need another couple of u for supper.
I see so many food items on here that I personally wouldn't touch, so I thought I'd post up a few T1D meals I eat to add some variety, I'm currently looking to gain a couple of kg so have upped the portion size and insulin injection to suit, I'm coming up to my 34th or 35th diaversary, mostly with a hba1c of 52 but down to 46 using a Libre. View attachment 28577 So here we have a supermarket best 700g fish pie, 67g carbs, 80g protein, some fat, basmati rice at 54g carbs the portion and a 300g pot of low fat humous with chilli sauce @ 20g carbs with mange tout, broccoli and carrots, 8u Humalog and bloods peaking at 6.8 tho I'll need another couple of u for supper.
That’s some weird food combo!!