What is a thread?

DawnOfTheZed

On iOS (well on an apple iPad using the safari browser not the app anyway) the links show as red text not blue underlined text just to clarify in case there’s any confusion

Blue hyperlinks for me on iphone but am using the ios app. Thanks for letting me know diff colour settings.

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
View attachment 33331 It takes a little while but gets easier quickly.

You obviously found your way to forums. I’m using an iPad. Possibly other makes will look slightly different but you should get the idea. Different “sections are found where I’ve put blue arrows on the left. You can start a new “thread” or conversation in any of these, just try to pick the most relevant and click the red title words to go to that section and have a read or post in there. Alternatively if you just want to find recent conversations regardless of which sections then the recent posts bit I’ve circled will take you there.
Thanks! I will spend the next hours learning more by studying your instructions.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess there needs to be some form of guidance, otherwise I can imagine people like OP posting an answer under several new threads :hilarious: Maybe one day the mods will pin a short video or step by step post on the main page or dotted around forum categories.

My mum is like OP, in a similar way when she sees her webpage that she opened disappears, I'm like you clicked on the back button :hilarious:
I have already posted a link in post #10 to the introduction videos which can be found in the Greetings and Introductions subforum.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did write it and am certain it had post written for me to click on. I know I must have been writing in place not for me I suppose. Why does this site not accept different subjects without different areas? In other words just post comments on same page without jumping around all over? So much easier if all comments could be read and replied to in one page with no threads.
I guess it needs to be separated for different types of concerns and diabetes. However if you have posted anything today, it'll be under recent threads and we would have all seen it and read it. It takes a while for a thread to sink under 800 posts from 2009. :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for any info. It is not an easy site to navigate. I am usually on facebook and it is easy. Unfortunately this is not, but I hoped to try new.
Was Facebook easy the first time you tried it? Maybe it is just because this forum is different from Facebook that you are confused. This is a forum about the various aspect of diabetes so it is divided into sub-fora to help someone, for example, who is only interested Type1 find the right threads.
Unlike Facebook this forum is primarily about diabetes, not about the people who post. I would recommend going to the menu and selecting "new posts" which cuts across all the sub-fora to read posts. If you reply to them you will automatically be in the right place.

Reactions: urbanracer

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So must stop watching one thread in order to watch a different thread? Why I wonder. I see a unwatch thread. Why?
Everything is organised by thread topic. They are quite strict about that. If you are used to topics being interrelated then you have to adjust your thinking a bit. :D

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So must stop watching one thread in order to watch a different thread? Why I wonder. I see a unwatch thread. Why?
Think of it as a library. All the books go in relevant sections to make it easier to find what you want and to put them into the right places initially

Or use “recent posts” or “new posts” to see just those from all sections.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed
D

Deleted Account

You can "watch" multiple threads.
When you click on the "Watch Thread" link at the top of the page, this means you will receive an alert (or email) when someone adds something new to that thread.
But you can jump from one thread to another and back again without watching any thread if you have a passing interest.