What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those are great numbers. After 10 months i am getting to below 6.0. I need to get to below 5... without starving myself
Im only just starting to see below 5 now and I'm 5 months into my journey and I do believe intermittent fasting is helping I don't eat from about 18.00 till 12.30 the next day I do have a coffee with double cream though when i get up in a morning.
It does seem to be taking me longer to see lower levels then it as for others though but im obviously taking the scenic route lol

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night’s 6.9
This morning 5.9 @ 5:30

Happy... as last night I actually had a slightly heavier than usual dinner as i was really hungry... two rotis with some veggies... yogurt with sone fresh fruits chopped.... but looks like it was ok for the body!!!

Happy Sunday

Reactions: Prem51

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 last night
5.8 this morning

Am happy. It was fish for dinner last night which was a bit too salty - my mistake - but potatoes were under salted (not my mistake). So it was all ok. Monday - back to the grind. I am not terribly excited about it. But it is Ramadhan week and a real short week at work. Have a great week everyone.

Reactions: Prem51

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
82 mg/dl or 4.55 very early this morning [ 01:00 ]

That in my books is beyond “very early”... more like “unearthly hour”.. . But the numbers are great... fantastic

Reactions: Pasha

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thanks Shas. I am an old man and as you may know we get up during the night to water the horse. Also as a pensioner I dont need to worry if I become tired some time later, I just go to bed and sleep a bit more. The only trouble I suppose is that it can become habit forming. Anyway getting up to a low FBG makes it worthwhile for the moment at least.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking good.... I am happy as long as i am below 6.0 which has been the case recently...
Thank you. You're doing well. I noticed you had potatoes too. If I ate potatoes I'd be a lot higher

Reactions: Shas3

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. You're doing well. I noticed you had potatoes too. If I ate potatoes I'd be a lot higher

Very few.... probably equivalent of half a medium sized potato. I noticed i am able to maintain my numbers while increasing carbs a bit. The reason seems to be my increased walking (i had a fracture and was in cast for a while which limited my physical activity). I am trying to get some energy and some muscle back in legs... hence increasing a bit of carbs and protein while keeping an eye on numbers to ensure I don’t go overboard

Reactions: Starfish18

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Shas. I am an old man and as you may know we get up during the night to water the horse. Also as a pensioner I dont need to worry if I become tired some time later, I just go to bed and sleep a bit more. The only trouble I suppose is that it can become habit forming. Anyway getting up to a low FBG makes it worthwhile for the moment at least.

I wouldn’t quite agree with your description of old man ... though I would like to feel less rushed each morning to face the traffic (and some corporate drama too!!)... Have a great day ahead Pasha!!!!

Reactions: Pasha

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very few.... probably equivalent of half a medium sized potato. I noticed i am able to maintain my numbers while increasing carbs a bit. The reason seems to be my increased walking (i had a fracture and was in cast for a while which limited my physical activity). I am trying to get some energy and some muscle back in legs... hence increasing a bit of carbs and protein while keeping an eye on numbers to ensure I don’t go overboard
Well, you're doing well so keep doing what you're doing :)

Reactions: Shas3