Daisy is stepping down

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Daisy, you’re a star and I wish you nothing but a healthy and happy life ahead of you! :cat: With many cats!

M

Member496333

I wonder if perhaps it’s possible to configure the forum software to send this information to all new users via the PM system. At the same time they could receive information regarding the importance of filling-in the diabetes and treatment type in their profile. Kill two birds with one stone in a completely automated process?

But besides all of that, farewell @daisy1 and thank you on behalf of everyone for your tireless service :smug:

Reactions: Prem51 and Antje77

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was beginning to believe @daisy1 had to be a robot - it certainly takes time and dedication to provide the information that she's been doing so consistently for so long. So my thanks too Daisy for your sterling efforts - the forum won't be the same without those informative posts!

Robbity

ETA @Jim Lahey - great minds! I was thinking the same - it should be (theoretically!) possible to have a PM triggered by the registration process but it may depend on what modifications Admins are able/permitted to make to the standard forum software. @DCUKMod ??

Last edited:

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Daisy's info pack was exactly what I needed as a young, panicked new-diagnosee with painful complications. I'm sure others benefited likewise: thank you, Daisy: you were the 'first line of defence' and I would imagine you helped a lot of sick people turn their lives around

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Daisy thank you so much for all your hard work and reassurance for the newly diagnosed and those seeking new routes towards health. If we had a category for devotion and achievement you would win!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Today is a day of mixed emotions. On the upside, we have some new Mods t welcome to the team, but on the downside, @daisy1 has decided to step down from her absolutely tireless efforts in distributing the important messages for new members.

Without doubt, Daisy's post for new members has positively impacted upon many, many thousands of members.

I feel certain every single one of you will join me in thanking her for her efforts over such a very long time. Daisy will remain a Retired Moderator, so we may see her around the forum from time to time, but please don’t tag, or ask her to post her links any more. It wouldn’t be fair.

For the time being, the Mod Team will be able to help post the information, or anyone can post a link to the information, which can be found here:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

Many thanks, and again, particular, huge gratitude to Daisy for her tireless contributions over the years
Sorry daisy has retired, she has been great.