Increase in fasting BG... injured my arm and shoulder haven’t been sleeping properly any advice

charlie000

When it causes that kind of pain, it's usually not just a sprain. Will you have to wait for your GP to come back to get the results of the ultra sound? Or will someone refer you right away without him? Shoulder pain is the pits and I remember I could only sleep on one side.

I should get my Results Monday. Although during ultrasound they said everything is normal but need confirmation

charlie000

When it causes that kind of pain, it's usually not just a sprain. Will you have to wait for your GP to come back to get the results of the ultra sound? Or will someone refer you right away without him? Shoulder pain is the pits and I remember I could only sleep on one side.

I should get my Results Monday. Although during ultrasound they said everything is normal but need confirmation

charlie000

Having had an incredibly bad frozen shoulder and ended up drugged to the eye balls trying and failing to control it (surgery was done in the end and it was a mess inside and also needed bone shaving) I understand your reluctance to get out of bed but honestly literally staying in bed will make the rest of you feel even worse. Even just moving around the house and garden slowly and gently is better than bed.

Is your dr the only one? Who is giving you the results next week and taking appropriate action on them?

What exactly is frozen shoulder? I am moving about. I do feel some improvements.

Mine just happened overnight the pain I woke up it was so painful!

They said GP or the doctor at hospital

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
You do not want frozen shoulder!!~!! I haven't had it, but my sister did.

On the other hand, until you know what's wrong, you have to be careful of movement in cases of torn muscles etc....treatment should be gotten right away like physical therapy to prevent a frozen shoulder, but not to damage whatever it is.

So until you know................

Reactions: charlie000

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A frozen shoulder is the definition of agony. It can creep up slowly with no apparent cause or come on after another injury. Immobility can make it more likely/worse. It spends 6-12months getting worse and then waits around and then gradually improves. In its worse state it can mean you cannot lift your arm more than a few degrees at all, it just stops. There is pain constantly, it just doesn’t let up. You can’t sleep. I had drug allergies and withdrawals along the way too. A few people like me get stuck at the getting worse hanging around stage and have one of a few forms of surgery, after physio and cortisone jabs have failed. If you ever suffer one pray it’s not your dominant hand.

Sorry it sounds so bad, it isn’t always this bad but it’s never fun.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What exactly is frozen shoulder? I am moving about. I do feel some improvements.

Mine just happened overnight the pain I woke up it was so painful!

They said GP or the doctor at hospital

Still waiting for that test?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So non diabetic and the weird comments about the high hb1ac were obviously a mistake by someone somewhere. Overall good news.

Reactions: Prem51

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It could have been a fluke, when you are high stressed or sick sugars will go up! So hopefully you are doing good and staying that way!.

Reactions: Prem51

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
So you were never diabetic.

charlie000

So non diabetic and the weird comments about the high hb1ac were obviously a mistake by someone somewhere. Overall good news.

I know it is non diabetic, but, if it were 105, it can come down to 30 can’t it being really well controlled?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it is non diabetic, but, if it were 105, it can come down to 30 can’t it being really well controlled?
I think it’s highly likely it was never 105. Some sort of error in the test, it’s reporting , the dr misreading it or it being the wrong patients result, your hearing of it etc etc. Even though I’ve seen some great changes in 3 months I think 105 to 30 in a few months is doubtful.

That said if changing your eating etc has made you healthier and fitter than perhaps it’s no bad thing. Please don’t go looking for trouble. Enjoy your current health and don’t overthink it. Perhaps monitor with annual checks etc just to be safe but get on with your new healthy life.