A Bit confused

Blackcatsquad

Hi ,
I've been feeling very tired, am constantly drinking water ( and passing it out again a lot!) and have noticed my vision is blurry sometimes. Following a GP visit and blood test, I was informed by the GP that my blood sugar was absolutely fine and in the middle of the range ( everything else is fine, too, so symptoms have been put down the being a menopausal, middle-aged woman!) Anyway, I obtained a copy of my blood test results for my own information and see that my HbA1c is 5.8% and the print out says that anything above 6.0% is abnormal. So, although I'm not prediabetic, I do seem to be on the high end of normal, rather than in the middle of the range In addition, as I was suspicious I might have some kind of blood sugar issue going on, I purchased a testing kit a few weeks back and have been taking fasting readings morning and evening and have been getting readings around the late 5's and early 6's .
My apologies for the ramble but I just wondered if anyone has heard of folk experiencing these sort of symptoms whilst still within what is considered normal blood sugar ranges.
Thank you.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
If your blood sugar levels are fluctuating over time, you may notice that your vision improves and worsens for periods of time, you are feeling tired and drinking more water. That said, I'm afraid I've only noticed these symptoms when my blood sugars are a lot higher than yours. That said, will not rule these symptoms out. They are, after all, classic symptoms of fluctuating blood sugars.

Reactions: Shas3

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'd ask for a second test as they are classic symptoms of diabetes, however 5's and 6's are okay.
Something must be causing your symptoms I'd keep pestering the GP until the cause is found.
Have an eye check as well might find a cause.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care

Reactions: Shas3 and Steveg1

Blackcatsquad

Thank you for your replies ert and Kittycat_7_ and for your good wishes Kittycat. I think you’re right, I will have to go back to the GP and try again and not be fobbed off with “it’s your hormones” this time!
Thank you both again for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: Shas3 and 1spuds

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel same like you. Even when my blood sugar is over 100 for 2 hours I get that thirty feeling. I even feel some weird sensation in mouth that make me realise that something is not right.
I don't have to go high, in fact my fasting BG has rarely been more then 105 and post meal of high carb never crossed 160mg/dl.
May be some of our bodies are highly sensitive.
Yes 5.8 is bit high, I would suggest you to go low carb as soon as possible and look out for you blood glucose.

Reactions: Blackcatsquad

Blackcatsquad

I feel same like you. Even when my blood sugar is over 100 for 2 hours I get that thirty feeling. I even feel some weird sensation in mouth that make me realise that something is not right.
I don't have to go high, in fact my fasting BG has rarely been more then 105 and post meal of high carb never crossed 160mg/dl.
May be some of our bodies are highly sensitive.
Yes 5.8 is bit high, I would suggest you to go low carb as soon as possible and look out for you blood glucose.

Hi Veryanxious, I'm sorry, I've only just seen your response. I think you have an interesting point regarding the possibility of some being more sensitive to sugar levels that are considered within the normal range.
I've been researching low carb, thanks to the excellent information on this forum and have started cutting out bread, rice and potatoes - particularly bread after I had a bg reading of 9.8 two hours after eating a slice of bread as part of a meal the other day!
I'm going back to the GP next week, so will see what happens this time.
Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

hazelzac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My hba1c is 4.7 and I never get higher readings but I am prediabetic according to the results of my ogtt , without ogtt I can never be diagnosed.
Also check your blood pressure I was having the similar symptoms and blaming blood glucose for that but it was high blood pressure