What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning
Last night after dinner was 7 something.. a walk before bedtime helped. Slept well and wake up to a decent number. Good day everyone

Reactions: Prem51 and Pasha

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday started with 5.8 which i was happy about. I had some check ups..

Eyes for my reading glasses- they say there is no change.. so i just continue my current glasses.

Had my blood tests too - HbA1c is at 6.6% which I think corresponds to 48 mmol / mol in the UK system. Not ideal yet, but better than where it was sometime back. Not sure how much lower I can bring it to...

My Vitamin B12 was higher than the normal range.. doctor usually wants to ensure there is no deficiency but i am higher... i do take B12 supplements, probably a bit too many... Is high level of vitamin B12 problem? I haven’t had a detailed chat with doctor yet - probably next week. Maybe I should just reduce the dosage or maybe take it every other day. Any thoughts?

And this morning I woke up with 6.5
Need to get back to sub-6 levels..... !!!!!

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday started with 5.8 which i was happy about. I had some check ups..

Eyes for my reading glasses- they say there is no change.. so i just continue my current glasses.

Had my blood tests too - HbA1c is at 6.6% which I think corresponds to 48 mmol / mol in the UK system. Not ideal yet, but better than where it was sometime back. Not sure how much lower I can bring it to...

My Vitamin B12 was higher than the normal range.. doctor usually wants to ensure there is no deficiency but i am higher... i do take B12 supplements, probably a bit too many... Is high level of vitamin B12 problem? I haven’t had a detailed chat with doctor yet - probably next week. Maybe I should just reduce the dosage or maybe take it every other day. Any thoughts?

And this morning I woke up with 6.5
Need to get back to sub-6 levels..... !!!!!
48 is just in the diabetic range so you're doing well. What was you on diagnosis?
I don't know anything about vit b12 so can't comment.
Well done though, I know you're trying hard and I'm sure you'll be back below 6s soon :)

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
48 is just in the diabetic range so you're doing well. What was you on diagnosis?
I don't know anything about vit b12 so can't comment.
Well done though, I know you're trying hard and I'm sure you'll be back below 6s soon :)

Thanks... at diagnosis in October last year my HbA1c was 11.8% which i guess would correspond to somewhere in the range of 100 or 105 in the UK system

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Then you've done really well and you should be proud of yourself. Just keep going. :)

Thanks... I am indeed happy with the progress as is my doctor. Mu target is to get off the saxagliptin (Onglyza) that he put me on. I think it is helping but I think it does have potential nasty side effects. Sooner i get off the happier i will be. And a key for that is below 6.5 HbA1C and a real low carb diet. I am trying to convince him to get me off Onglyza ... I wonder what kind of commissions and kick backs they get from pharma companies