Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes to cope with carbs we had to become mutants.:hungry:

I see the revised title of the thread is a bit more politically correct or am I thinking of a different thread altogether. :angelic:

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
So this may lead to the proof of the Genetic Predisposition that boffins have hypothesised about?

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
An interesting read, but the trouble is that the Guardian health articles are normally just so bad, so I don't know how accurate this one is

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An interesting read, but the trouble is that the Guardian health articles are normally just so bad, so I don't know how accurate this one is
Starts with the statement that too much sugar leads to diabetes, Maybe that could be the other way around? Which chicken which egg?

If you blame sugar excess as a cause, then following the clearance trail for a faulty gene makes sense, but if you are of the impression that diabetes causes high bgl, then that clearance pathway is a consequence,

So diabetes is directly linked to farming and cooking since way back? Then why is it that the population statistics show that the current diabetes epidemic only really started in the 1970's according to WHO. Can't blame that on genetic evolution - more like Chenobyl related.

This report reads more like undergrad researcher scrabbling round for something to hang a thesis on to please his academic masters rather than a properly thought out research project.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

This report reads more like undergrad researcher scrabbling round for something to hang a thesis on to please his academic masters rather than a properly thought out research project.

I wanted to use that as the thread title but I thought the Mods might object

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the second wave of extinction .... now we live in a time where food is mainly made of fast carbs... and we are the victims... when the type 2 diagnosis is widespread in children , extinction will maybe be the result as they are affected so early in life and their lifespan is maybe as a result of type 2 diabetes so short that those unlucky kids will maybe never live to have children .... that is natural sellection in an unnatural time when it comes to food choices

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
the second wave of extinction .... now we live in a time where food is mainly made of fast carbs... and we are the victims... when the type 2 diagnosis is widespread in children , extinction will maybe be the result as they are affected so early in life and their lifespan is maybe as a result of type 2 diabetes so short that those unlucky kids will maybe never live to have children .... that is natural sellection in an unnatural time when it comes to food choices

A very interesting post, but nether the less, a sad one too.