Type 1 Switching from insight to tandem x2 pump

SarahGJ

Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone in the UK has experience of tandem t-slim X2 pump? I have had diabetes for 26 years and had Medtronic, omnipod pumps but latest is Roche insight, which I have been happy with, but I know that Roche are stopping making these soon, so don’t want to be tied in for another 4 years. Is there anyone using the tandem x2 without cgm? I use the libre but may consider self funding Dexcom G6 when available.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone in the UK has experience of tandem t-slim X2 pump? I have had diabetes for 26 years and had Medtronic, omnipod pumps but latest is Roche insight, which I have been happy with, but I know that Roche are stopping making these soon, so don’t want to be tied in for another 4 years. Is there anyone using the tandem x2 without cgm? I use the libre but may consider self funding Dexcom G6 when available.

Hi, yes I am using the t:slim X2. I also have a Dexcom G6 but they are not connected yet. I will be doing some training at the beginning of July, at which point I shall be able to use the new Basal-IQ option which is designed to suspend insulin delivery to prevent or reduce low blood sugars.
I'm very happy with the X2 but it is my first pump so I don't have anything to compare it to.
If you have any specific questions let me know.

Reactions: slip

SarahGJ

Thank you-i just wanted to check if anyone else uses this pump as I feel a bit daunted that lots of people haven’t heard of it! Glad it’s working for you- I start on Thursday, also without Dexcom to begin with.

Reactions: slip

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you-i just wanted to check if anyone else uses this pump as I feel a bit daunted that lots of people haven’t heard of it! Glad it’s working for you- I start on Thursday, also without Dexcom to begin with.
I'm sure you will like it