E-liquid Contains Any Sugar?

ImFineThanks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone
Im new in this forum as ive got so many questions unanswered
Recently ive started vaping and im just woundering if e liquid what im smoking contains any sugar and its dangerous to my blood sugars?
When im trying liquid it taste kind of sweet so i dont know if its contains sugar or sweetner and people in shop couldnt answer my question after research in google i couldnt find either
So maby someone can help me with this
Ive uploaded picture
Many thanks
20180702_192535.jpg

Reactions: porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't think it's a problem, even if it has sugar, as you use only a very small amount at a time. Why not test your bg, vape with all you have for 10 minutes, test again and repeat testing every 20 minutes or so. That'll give you a clear answer, provided you start with reasonably stable blood sugars.
Good luck!

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Not as far as I know but nicotine itself raises blood sugars and that is true of cigarettes and vapes.

ImFineThanks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry i dont use nicotine at all as vaping is just hobbie to me exploring flavours more than get nicotine
Thanks

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
So you like my Grand Son use only nicotine free E-Liquids?

If so then I doubt that the amount of sugars that maybe present in E-liquid would be problematical as it is inhaled rather than ingested.

ImFineThanks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes i use only nicotine free liquids but all what im looking for is if e liquids contains sugars and it can be bad for my health as type 1 diabetic
Thanks

Reactions: JohnEGreen

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hello @ImFineThanks and welcome to the forum. Eliquid has had no affect on my blood sugars at all. I have been vaping for a number of years and use sweet liquids...I mainly drip and use around 40 - 60ml a day (I make my own juice). Carry on vaping my friend and don't let it worry you

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Since glycerol is an alcohol, it does metabolize like a carbohydrate, although it has a lower glycemic index than sucrose. Thus, it is likely to cause a small increase in your blood sugar, though the amount contained in your E-Liquid is unlikely to make that increase significant (or perhaps even detectible).

Reactions: porl69

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No sugar - sugar would burn your coil straight up. It wouldn't be possible to vape it. Some eliquids have a sucralose sweetener in them. I used to work in a vape shop, and we had a number of diabetics who tested to see if there was any change in their BG from vaping, and not one had any issue with the eliquids. Most of the liquid (90%) is a mixture of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. The rest are food industry or perfume industry concentrated flavours. In relation to nicotine, the only way they've been able to addict any critter or human to nicotine is through smoking it. That's why you can purchase patches, inhalers and gum in the supermarket. Nicotine is very similar to caffeine, and is not the dangerous part of smoking - the smoke and tar is. The unknown risk in vaping is the flavourings, as none of them have been studied long term as inhalants, and some of them should probably be avoided, especially buttery flavourings (diacetyl), cherry and cinnamon.

umzijji

Hello everyone
Im new in this forum as ive got so many questions unanswered
Recently ive started vaping and im just woundering if e liquid what im smoking contains any sugar and its dangerous to my blood sugars?
When im trying liquid it taste kind of sweet so i dont know if its contains sugar or sweetner and people in shop couldnt answer my question after research in google i couldnt find either
So maby someone can help me with this
Ive uploaded picture
Many thanks View attachment 27402

I was using Nasty Juice Mango and then used Dinner Lady's SUn Tan Mango .. they both were really sweet. so out of curiosity (being pre diabetic) i went for my tests .. last test result was 5.7 .. which was a bout 2 months back .. and got 6.3 this time ... so yes i think ejuice does ... i am looking for sugar free ejuice myself .. this brand TEA TIME and KIND JUICE ENECTOR claim their juice are sugar free but its not available where i live ... so switched to some less sweet juice .. like tobacco series of nasty juice and dinner lady ... will check again later after a month

mr_cat

If a liquid contained sugar it would clog the coil pretty quick.
Sweeteners that are used: Sucralose , Ethyl Maltol, Erythritol
Personally I cant abide a sweet vape, these days it unflavoured all the way.
there is a whole section on this forum:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to revive an old thread guys, saying they contain no form of sugar is completely wrong, some concentrates used in e liquid do in fact contain sugar/corn syrup or fructose, I also mix my own and admin a mixing group on facebook, the main brand culprit for using forms of sugar are flavour west however the perfumers/flavour apprentice also have a few, a fellow mixer that has his own business selling e liquid (a good friend of mine) said you can actually use your test kit and test the liquid as you would if you suspected you'd been given a full fat coke, of course I don't as I check the safety data and spec sheets of the concentrates I'll be using xx

Dazbobaby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Movies, music and tinkering with code.
The unknown risk in vaping is the flavourings, as none of them have been studied long term as inhalants, and some of them should probably be avoided, especially buttery flavourings (diacetyl), cherry and cinnamon.
You've got me worried now, I've just bought a bottle of cinnamon for the first time.

Debs Caiozzo

Hi! I think it all depends on the liquid itself, but as far as I know, many, even fruit liquids, don't add sugar, so you shouldn't worry so much about it