Anyone seen or know of this?

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, I can't see it being terribly effective, and the 'delivery system' looks rather gimmicky.
It's not a dumb thing to investigate- there may be helpful herbal products out there, but the specific claims made for this one don't look very concrete or plausible on closer inspection.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This has been posted before, I agree with @Bluetit1802 , snake oil springs to mind. Reviews on Amazon reflect that.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I always wonder if these supposed aids were genuine, why they aren't on prescription. I wonder if this particular herbal remedy has ever been through any scientific trial. Highly unlikely or they would be shouting about it from the roof tops.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Can't see how sticking a herbal tea bag to your belly button is going to help control sugar levels.
It's what you put in your belly that's important.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It mentions the root cause of Diabetes and Pre Diabetes. As this is as yet unknown I would be very wary of trusting a herbaceutical from a company making such a statement.

There is only one natural way to ameliorate the effects of a high carbohydrate diet, lower the amount of carbohydrate in that diet.

Reactions: Rachox
M

Member496333

Of course the irony with all these ‘snake oil’ products is that there really is “this one weird trick that doctors are mad about”...real food :smug:

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
I guess its the old saying, if it sound to good to be true...
Anyways, I've had a laugh reading the replies, thanks all.
Hey..breaking news for me I had steak with green beans and peppers for dinner and I came in with my lowest score since I got the news my Hba1c is 101, my bgs were 6.4. Yaye, I'm actually in range. I feel so ill without the carbs man gimme a bag of doritos. Q out.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep it up Q, that BG is really good compared to other figures you have had - the cravings will pass. Really, they will.

Reactions: Guzzler

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
A couple of possibilities here
1) snake oil
2) it works. Well, there's a reason pharmaceutical companies have to invest millions on drug trials before new medication comes out as safe to use. If a medicine works then it's clearly doing something to your body and just because it's "herbal" it doesn't make it safe. Plenty of deadly plants out there to eat if you want to randomly ingest something because someone else claims it's herbal and healing.