?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
isn’t helpful I sleep on my stomach anyway.
I'm a bit late, but if it still keeps you from sleeping it might help to put a (small) pillow under your lower leg when sleeping so your foot isn't forced streched out on the mattress. I injured my ankle last year and have been very happy with an extra pillow at the foot end of my bed while healing.
Good luck!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hear that @Lulu9101112

i ride a motorcycle, and i know the blind spot in their vision, car drivers can have for us Powered Two Wheelers,, as well as cyclists.

Not a great help, but at least you have insurance
( Not too sure if many other cyclist do.? )

i'd say @HSSS is right, report it it may not help you this time arouind, that much,
but if matey thinks he's got away with it, the next victim may not be so lucky to escape so lightly
their indifference to other vulnerable road users.

I know the ankles painful, but you'll heal soon enough, hopefully.
i see the bike helmet earned its keep, ? that helps offer some protection to one
potential major injury point.

and in the scheme of things you are right, you did come away pretty lightly
(Not that it should ever of happened in the first instance )

In london dozens been killed (squashed by lorries turning left ), so could, as you say have been much worse.

Get well soon.
confidence will come with more time back in the saddle.
been there, done that.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
If you plan to do anything about it, you will also need to collect witness information so you can have it for insurance and if the police want it. Because these people will be harder to find later. You just can't tell someone there are witnesses and that is all you need. It won't matter at all unless they can follow up with a statement from them.

I would also have to tell you to write everything down with the details for your benefit of recollection when talking to anybody in the future so you stay consistent with the details. As time moves on it is harder to remember what actually happened, what colors are the car exactly what time of day etc. This is important to do sooner versus later.

Injuries can really set in and cause issues as time goes on and it's really hard to know.

Reactions: jjraak

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Hi @Lulu9101112 ,

Sorry to hear of your accident. However low BGs whist operating a vehicle (in this case a pushbike.) can be a danger to other road users, pedestrians as well as yourself.
If this come to light in a paramedics log report of the incident, you may find find yourself (at least.) partly to blame? Regarding impaired cognitive recognition to react to a potential hazard.

Please test before cycling & be safe out there. :)

Ok. Other times incidents have caused stressful things have caused my blood sugar to suddenly to go up and occasionally down and usually when my bloods low I loose concentration but I didn’t then as i explained before I tried to get round as I saw car reversing but didn’t have enough time. I did test I had just come from having dinner before this happened.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry to hear that @Lulu9101112

i ride a motorcycle, and i know the blind spot in their vision, car drivers can have for us Powered Two Wheelers,, as well as cyclists.

Not a great help, but at least you have insurance
( Not too sure if many other cyclist do.? )

i'd say @HSSS is right, report it it may not help you this time arouind, that much,
but if matey thinks he's got away with it, the next victim may not be so lucky to escape so lightly
their indifference to other vulnerable road users.

I know the ankles painful, but you'll heal soon enough, hopefully.
i see the bike helmet earned its keep, ? that helps offer some protection to one
potential major injury point.

and in the scheme of things you are right, you did come away pretty lightly
(Not that it should ever of happened in the first instance )

In london dozens been killed (squashed by lorries turning left ), so could, as you say have been much worse.

Get well soon.
confidence will come with more time back in the saddle.
been there, done that.
Thanks and I’m aware and thanks. I suppose if nothing comes out of report it’s still good to have it on record. Yep.

Reactions: jjraak

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just a little update: I only had pain that comes and goes and ankle was almost back to normal. My mum suggested me to do my volunteering just to be careful. For some reason when being more active the pain goes away but when I’m standing still or sitting it comes back. I did notice I was automatically putting more weight on other one and I was slower so it did slightly affect me and slightly gave way occasionally. (Weirdly pain seems to go whenever my ankle makes a clicking noise. I might as well still get it checked out though as there’s still some pain (also noticed more bruising/redness. has showed up since Saturday but I assume this is just the bruises heeling but better to be safe then sorry I guess.

Also I can’t stop myself thinking of Saturday. Why am I thinking of it every time I see a blue car Or someone mentions accident. Even during my volunteering someone mentioned a accident and I nearly got upset/angry. I was very quiet today even to visitors which isn’t like me. Thing is soon I should try to get back on my bike if it’s not damaged but I’m too afraid too. Incase I get bad memories but then before cycling and animals are pretty much only thing that motivates me . I know things could of gone worse but I just feel like my life’s hopeless at moment.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Accidents and getting hurt make huge imprints on our brain! I know the time I was rear ended in my car, literally for months I would be riveted on if the cars were stopping behind me or if they were going to crash into me.

You just have to get back to it and it slowly goes away.

Remembering isn’t a bad thing as you will be watching out for it more now! You will probably be leery about anyone in a car you go behind!

Reactions: HSSS

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Accidents and getting hurt make huge imprints on our brain! I know the time I was rear ended in my car, literally for months I would be riveted on if the cars were stopping behind me or if they were going to crash into me.

You just have to get back to it and it slowly goes away.

Remembering isn’t a bad thing as you will be watching out for it more now! You will probably be leery about anyone in a car you go behind!
Thanks awkardly most of my pain has gone away so now my mum says I don’t need to get it checked out. It did get in the way yesterday and my volunteering though (I didn’t want to go but my mum suggested I should go) I’m guessing I should probs get it checked it still.
As for my bike my wheel is out of alignment causing a couple of gears not working and I can’t really cycle on that. (Turned upside down to
check)

Also do I need to do anything with my cycle insurance? (as I have cycling insurance)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I honestly would urge getting it checked? I can think of no bad reason for doing so. Sometimes these things linger and it would be best to know.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I honestly would urge getting it checked? I can think of no bad reason for doing so. Sometimes these things linger and it would be best to know.
Yeah I guess so especially as I’m so active most days. only downside is I don’t know how to get an appointment as I have no credit for calling. I’ve only just recently changed doctor surgeries. Sure I’m regestired there but I dunno who my gp is yet. As for bike and I can take it to bike shop this weekend. Perhaps I should ask them to right the damages down

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Also why are parents stupidly annoying. My parents just say I should go to volunteering as my ankle seems fine to them. But last time I went it, even though I could do my jobs fine it still hurt a little and I also notice recently every time the pain goes it’s always after my ankle clicks (the other pain comes and goes) the thing Is i can’t make doctors appointment myself as I have no calling credit left and mum think it’s fine so doesn’t see the point.