Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

Lizzie34

Hi, I've recently been informed to be pre-diabetic. My GP did not say anything else than to cut the sugar.
I find all sorts of conflicting information. Eat fruit, don't eat fruit, eat healthy vs do a Keto diet, etc
What confuses me the most are the sugar levels.
They are between 5.7 and 6.2 in the morning (fasting) but between 4.4 and 5.5 90min after lunch.
I always have light dinners and in general sleep well.

NickyMc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, my name is Nicky. I’m 48. I was diagnosed very recently with Type 2 Diabetes and high blood pressure. On tablets for BP but no tablets for the diabetes. I have a few other health issues but the BP and diabetes takes priority! Hoping to learn more about diabetes, carbs, glucose - pretty much everything.

Reactions: Viv19 and Prem51

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, my name is Nicky. I’m 48. I was diagnosed very recently with Type 2 Diabetes and high blood pressure. On tablets for BP but no tablets for the diabetes. I have a few other health issues but the BP and diabetes takes priority! Hoping to learn more about diabetes, carbs, glucose - pretty much everything.

Hi Nicky
Welcome to the forum
Hope to see you posting again
Take care

MOUNICA K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi ,
I am Mounica. I am 26 and recently been diagnosed with diabetes and I would love to talk about my fears regarding the same.

I have so many questions and I feel depressed suddenly. I just hope I can talk to someone who can show me optimism on this.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @MOUNICA K, welcome to the forum. Most of us had a whole range of emotions when first diagnosed, including fear, shame, anger, blame,guilt, and depression. It is perfectly understandable when you have just been told you have a serious and potentially life threatening condition.
But Type 2 diabetes can be controlled. There are many people on this forum who have done that. It takes a bit of time to get your head around it all, but you will get a lot of good advice and support on here.
Have a read round the forum, and ask any questions you want to.
It would be best to start your own thread in the 'Newly Diagnosed' section, as you will get more replies.

Reactions: 1spuds

MOUNICA K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @MOUNICA K, welcome to the forum. Most of us had a whole range of emotions when first diagnosed, including fear, shame, anger, blame,guilt, and depression. It is perfectly understandable when you have just been told you have a serious and potentially life threatening condition.
But Type 2 diabetes can be controlled. There are many people on this forum who have done that. It takes a bit of time to get your head around it all, but you will get a lot of good advice and support on here.
Have a read round the forum, and ask any questions you want to.
It would be best to start your own thread in the 'Newly Diagnosed' section, as you will get more replies.
Thank you @@prem51 will definitely follow your advice.

Reactions: Prem51

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Thank you @@prem51 will definitely follow your advice.

Hi guys and welcome to the forums.

In the signature panel of each moderator you can find links that will take you to some valuable information to help get you started. (Hint - it seems that you need to view in landscape mode to see signature panels if using a smartphone).

Also don't forget to check out the information pages on the main website but please do ask questions in the forums if you need help with anything.

Catch you later and good luck.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?

Have fun!
Hi.

I’m Alison and was diagnosed Type 1 on Friday. My head is still spinning after my consultation but I’ll get there.

Reactions: Prem51

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi.

I’m Alison and was diagnosed Type 1 on Friday. My head is still spinning after my consultation but I’ll get there.
Great attitude- yes you will get to grips with this.

JayPirate

Avast me hearties ☠
Noob here, both to the forum and to my Type 2 diagnosis (about a month in, give or take) - looking forward to connecting with you all.

And as requested -
- What is your name? Jay
- How old are you? 51, 52 next month
- Are you male or female? I am a cis bi woman
- Which country are you from? Scotland
- Which city/area do you live in? Glasgow
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Geeky, weird, friendly
- Do you have any pets? I have a cat called Arthur
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft/ Android all the way baby
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Ugh, sport
- Do you get angry easily? Only about the really important stuff
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Both ears and nose pierced
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. BTS, Katy Perry, Hafdis Huld, Rag'N'Bone Man, Against Me!
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? K-pop and pretty much anything
- What is your favourite flag? The pirate flag (duh)
- Ever gone camping? Not in a long time
- Ever been in love? Yes - still am
- Ever used fake tan? Nope
- Which countries have you visited? France, Spain
- Favourite city? Barcelona
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Game of Thrones, RuPaul's Drag Race, Star Trek:Discovery, Tales of the City, Outlander
- List your five favourite films. The first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, A Matter of Life and Death, Kingdom of Heaven, Colette
- Are you wealthy? Not in money
- Do you work? If so, as what? I volunteer when I am well with Glasgow Women's Library and the Dogs' Trust
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Life, Piracy
- What do you like most about yourself? My hair
- What do you like least about yourself? My pessimism

Anything else, ask away

Reactions: 1spuds

Karenhome02

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hiya,im karen,im 55 years old,im british and born and bred in Birmingham where i currently live in Solihull.im not religious nor do i have any pet animals.i dont like games nor sports and i dont get angry as im a very understanding person.ive never been camping but wud like to as i love the outdoor life.im not wealthy,my job is caring for my disabled 30 year old son who was severly burnt over his entire body wen he was 15 years old. i was told ten years ago that i was borderline diabetic but as i had no symptoms,chose to do nothing and hoped it wud go away, ten years later was rushed to hospital with keytones and bs through the roof,was put straight onto insulin injections twice daily and here i am a few weeks later.

Crackle88

Hiya! My name is Jenny. I'm 30 years old and I am a total technophobe. Not even sure I'm typing in the right place here! Just been diagnosed with diabetes - although not sure if type 1 or 2. Its complicated!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya! My name is Jenny. I'm 30 years old and I am a total technophobe. Not even sure I'm typing in the right place here! Just been diagnosed with diabetes - although not sure if type 1 or 2. Its complicated!

Hi there Jenny - Nice to meet you. Here is some information many folks have found useful.

Do you know when you might know your type? It must be frustrating for you.

Reactions: Crackle88

Crackle88

Hi there Jenny - Nice to meet you. Here is some information many folks have found useful.

Do you know when you might know your type? It must be frustrating for you.
I have just had an appointment through to go have further tests but it's not until the start of August?! To be fair, my mum was diagnosed with diabetes about 34 years ago and they still debate which type she is!

Tankstage

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just diagnosed T2

- What is your name?
Robert
- How old are you?
Male
England
Earl Shilton
- Are you religious?
No
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Nether, RISCOS
Football/Non
No
No
Black Sabbath, Metallica, Evanescence, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd
Heavy Metal
- Ever gone camping?
No
- Ever used fake tan?
No
Belize, Cyprus, Soudi Arabia, Kuwait, Germany, Spain, Falkland Islands, USA all for work.
GOT, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Fawlty Towers, Fringe.
Blade Runner, I Robot, Marvel Films.
- Are you wealthy?
Your having a laugh...
Wireman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
- Include a photo here if you wish to. My avatar is a photo of me.
- What is your name? Hollie.
- How old are you? 23.
- Are you male or female? Female.
- Which country are you from? United Kingdom (currently!).
- Which city/area do you live in? West Midlands, though originally Southampton.
- Are you religious? I am not, strictly speaking.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Humourous, cheerful, obsessed-with-animals.
- Do you have any pets? Due to travelling a lot, I currently only have 1 dog (Diabetic assistant!). Though I've had many, many, many pets!
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Napping, Sleeping and Eating. I'm Olympic level.
- Do you get angry easily? Not much makes me angry, but the things that do... Easy!
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? I have three tattoo's on my forearms and one on my thigh. (Two are diabetic themed). I have my right ear stretched as well as other piercings I cannot disclose!
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Sad, chill vibe music.
- What is your favourite flag? Spain.
- Ever gone camping? I adore camping.
- Ever been in love? Certainly have.
- Ever used fake tan? A few times, I'm literally Casper the friendly ghost.
- Which countries have you visited? All of the Canary Isles, Mainland Spain, Portugal, Italy, Bulgaria... I think that's all.
- Favourite city? Venice.
- List your five favourite TV programmes. I don't watch much! Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, any documentary.
- List your five favourite films. Annihilation, The Boy, Bambi?!
- Are you wealthy? Far, far from it.
- Do you work? If so, as what? A seasonal worker, currently in Benidorm. I am a dancer, PR and bar worker.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Animal management, barbering. I study Coding & Programming from home.
- What do you like most about yourself? My connection with animals, my strength and ability to speak to a range of people.
- What do you like least about yourself? My physical appearance, lumps from injecting, my habit of burning out.

Tindo63

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.

- What is your name?
Tendai
- How old are you?
female
United Kingdom
London
- Are you religious?
Christian
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
friendly, lovable, outgoing
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Apple
None
No
No
John Legend, MaryJ Blige, Oliver Mutukudzi, Yemi Alade, Zahara
Old school
- What is your favourite flag?
Zimbabwean
- Ever gone camping?
No
- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
No
South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Spain, Germany
- Favourite city?
Cape town
Loose Women, NCIS, Emmerdale, Hawai Five-0, Doctors
Skyfall, Bad boys, Coming to America, Girls trip, Four weddings and a funeral
- Are you wealthy?
No
No
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
Sociology
- What do you like most about yourself?
My personnality
- What do you like least about yourself?
when i can't control a situation happening in my life

Have fun!