Need a friend

LauraNoraLoo

HI ALL :)

im looking for someone who will be like my best insulin pump friend (corny but its the only way that i can put it).

im in the process of getting an insulin pump - went for the blood test thing on monday morning and im so so nervous and have no idea what to expect and just need someone that i can bombared with questions and talk to about worries and other stuff.

i dont know whether im looking in the right place but i thought it was a start

im 19 so someone around that age would be ideal, not bothered whether male or female. im really friendly and chatty.

thanks.

Jgos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
being dependent
Happy to talk - just started an OmniPod pump - finding it difficult and 44 yrs old! anyhow let me know - done alot of work on these things !!

Unicornz

LauraNoraLoo said:
HI ALL :)

im looking for someone who will be like my best insulin pump friend (corny but its the only way that i can put it).

im in the process of getting an insulin pump - went for the blood test thing on monday morning and im so so nervous and have no idea what to expect and just need someone that i can bombared with questions and talk to about worries and other stuff.

i dont know whether im looking in the right place but i thought it was a start

im 19 so someone around that age would be ideal, not bothered whether male or female. im really friendly and chatty.

thanks.

Hi Laura!

I'd be happy to be your friend :) I'm 23 (and a girl) myself and started using my pump in March so things are still fairly new for me. Feel free to send me a message if you want I'd love to make a new friend!

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Laura

I'm just a little ahead of you - starting on my a Veo pump next Tuesday (yay :D ) and currently have one on loan to get to know how to use it. Glad to help if I can.

becki

hey i'm 27 and i have been pumping since feb, if theres anything i can help with or answer any questions that my sound a bit daft feel free to pm me or i can give you my no. i'm on the veo

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi laura,

i've had my insulin pump for almost 6 months now, i use the accu-chek combo. i'm also 23 :)

Feel free to PM any questions or anything you want. :)

Also please feel free to post any questions on the forum too, it's always a good idea as you can get multiple responses from many pumpers of all experience.

Either way you'd like to do it, there's always many people who won't mind being bombarded with the many questions and worries that starting something like an insulin pump can bring!

onlytwintip

HI,

I'm 21 and have been pumping for about 6 years now and I would be more than happy to get in touch. One thing for sure is that I don't see myself going back to those injections, the pump is a GREAT thing!

All the best,

Harry