Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
im interested in which way people like better
and why

omad- one meal a day
or
alternate day fasting (with 0 calories on alternate days)

Reactions: jpscloud

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it's what suits the individual as regards their fat burning goals, insulin sensitivity goals or sense of wellbeing goals. And individual metabolism too.

For me, I found OMAD really hard at first but it has become very comfortable and I feel well on it. However I think my body can quickly get too comfortable and set body weight where I'm at, so I mix OMAD with alternate day fasting and work in some extended fasting to keep my metabolism on its toes.

Reactions: cdpm

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Neither :D - it's whatever works best for an individual's requirements and is sustainable for them. So you get to choose: one or the other or any other variation that best.suits your needs.

Personally I try to let my body tell me and just keep my carby intake down to manage glucose levels and tend to eat when I'm hungry, and don't when I'm not. And for the most part this works for me and I've kept my glucose levels and weight stable for over five years.

Robbity

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder how those on OMAD or fasting cope with living with partners and families. My aim is to control my BG with diet but departing as little as possible from the routine the rest of the family follow. I do this for convenience and to be sociable but also because I know I can sustain three meals a day and no fasting because I have done it all my life.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I can easily skip breakfast, but would find lunch and dinner very difficult because of family life. We sit round the table together, chat and listen to the news on the TV or similar. I would lose more than I might gain.

Reactions: cdpm and Robbity

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I skip breakfast. I get myself ready and get fluids but no food.

It has happened that I have an early tea at the same time as kids and my husband who has no fixed meal times eats whenever he wants.

It has also happened that I have sat down with children but had fluids, broth etc.. instead in order to eat with hubby later on. It’s tricky sometimes. When I’m loosing it I ask my husband to be in charge of kids meals.