Which has better chance for long term good health?

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
PS In case you didn't get it, this forum is THE BEST FOR LONG TERM HEALTH (sorry mod but this needs to be shouted). Tell everyone you know with our condition to get on here as quickly as possible.

jennifer063

I wish I had known about this forum many years ago because relying on the usual drug focused treatments just meant things got gradually worse from 'pre-diabetic' (what does that mean?), through full T2 (what is that?) to 68 units of insulin per day (I know what that meant!). Not until I heard about low carb here did I have significant and continuing improvement in my bg levels. Yesterday my doctor (the 4th in 6 years) congratulated me on my success and asked me which medication did I want to drop. So no more linagliptin. I wanted to keep the Metformin level as I hope it is keeping my Dawn Phenomenon lower that it could be but it is the next to go.
The downside is that after 12+ years of bad diet information and no support to have personal bg control I have what seems to be fairly bad DPN - from tingling around my knees to major burning in my feet. This is my next target and my doctor did not try and stop me going to see a naturopathic doctor to see if that can help (It works for the Queen) along with the suggestions I have received here that are also helping. My new doctor wanted a full set of blood test to get a baseline and all results were in the normal range
So I pass my doctor's congratulations to everyone on this forum who are helping to improve my condition, to prevent potential complications from a worsening condition and hopefully and to reverse the DPN. You are all part of the solution for me.
I will pass on anything of use that the naturopath suggests.
By reading your message I hope I am just in time. Thanks to Mariana who suggested me to join this forum

Reactions: Lobsang Tsultim

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By reading your message I hope I am just in time. Thanks to Mariana who suggested me to join this forum
Welcome Jennifer
The thread you've responded to is over 3 years old. A lot of it is still relevant but you are unlikely to get a response from most of these posters, but do keep interacting. Maybe on more recent threads?:)