• Start Date

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After my latest blood test on Monday morning, I got the result from my GP yesterday, I am slightly down on the old scale of 5.2% but still 34 mmol/mol. So this is the seventh test where I been have in the thirties, four tests in a row at 34 mmol/mol.

My GP has now taken me off Metformin, and will see how I go over the next three months.

The moderate lchf way of life has helped me get this far with what I eat and drink, as I never really gave up a lot of what I used to eat before although rice is completely gone from it.

I am leaving T2 Diabetic under my avatar as there is nothing descriptive as what I am now, which is T2 Diabetic with excellent control.

vpLIKmx.jpg

That's what you all stable. Huge well done.

Reactions: Prem51

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
@Tipetoo great set of results. As you have done so many in row, there is an excellent case for official Remission, if you wanted to go down that route.

dwelldon

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great stuff, wish I was the same. What diet and steps have you taken?

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After my latest blood test on Monday morning, I got the result from my GP yesterday, I am slightly down on the old scale of 5.2% but still 34 mmol/mol. So this is the seventh test where I been have in the thirties, four tests in a row at 34 mmol/mol.

My GP has now taken me off Metformin, and will see how I go over the next three months.

The moderate lchf way of life has helped me get this far with what I eat and drink, as I never really gave up a lot of what I used to eat before although rice is completely gone from it.

I am leaving T2 Diabetic under my avatar as there is nothing descriptive as what I am now, which is T2 Diabetic with excellent control.

vpLIKmx.jpg
Well done keep up the good work hard work do pay off after all. I had similar results 6 months ago I am now due up another test next week. congratulations it feels awesome don't it knowing your kicking it in the butt

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Rachox I sort have been try to match your figures but at a slower pace.

It's long road to travel, but we will all get there in the end.

I forgot to mention in my op, that bananas caused my speed bumps in the graph I posted.

I was going to ask what happened to cause the bump. :arghh:

What a brilliant achievement. I am delighted for you. Couldn't be better, excellent HbA1c and maintaining it. :):):):D

D

Deleted member 308541

That's what you all stable. Huge well done.
Thank you @DCUKMod
@Tipetoo great set of results. As you have done so many in row, there is an excellent case for official Remission, if you wanted to go down that route.
@Mbaker I asked both my GP and my CDE about remission and they do not seem to use the term here, I phoned Diabetes Queensland and the CDE I spoke said pretty much the same about "Under excellent control".
Great stuff, wish I was the same. What diet and steps have you taken?
@dweldon A moderate LCHF diet, and looked on the bright side.
@Prem51 Thank mate.
Impressive results, what did you do between December & March that brought you down so rapid & decisive?
@richard de leeuw, Metformin, and a full blown LCHF way of life, and stopped eating bananas.
I was going to ask what happened to cause the bump. :arghh:

What a brilliant achievement. I am delighted for you. Couldn't be better, excellent HbA1c and maintaining it. :):):):D
@Bluetit1802 Bananas at $00.50 per kilo, I ate bananas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any other time I could fit a couple in.
Oh well, it says Type 2 expert under your avatar, which seems to be the complete truth :)
@ANTJE That "expert" is only from the post count, not what I know about diabetes.
Great graph! Another inspirational result!
@Dr Snoddy Thank you.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Thank you @DCUKMod

@Mbaker I asked both my GP and my CDE about remission and they do not seem to use the term here, I phoned Diabetes Queensland and the CDE I spoke said pretty much the same about "Under excellent control".

@dweldon A moderate LCHF diet, and looked on the bright side.

@Prem51 Thank mate.

@richard de leeuw, Metformin, and a full blown LCHF way of life, and stopped eating bananas.

@Bluetit1802 Bananas at $00.50 per kilo, I ate bananas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any other time I could fit a couple in.

@ANTJE That "expert" is only from the post count, not what I know about diabetes.

@Dr Snoddy Thank you.
That's a shame about the remission. I think it is going to be important for the preservation of food choices and drug use in the Type 2 (and wider community) to have ultimately a register of official remission persons and well controlled.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed
D

Deleted member 308541

That's a shame about the remission. I think it is going to be important for the preservation of food choices and drug use in the Type 2 (and wider community) to have ultimately a register of official remission persons and well controlled.
It might be pie in the sky that happening in Australia. I will keep on at my GP every hba1c blood test about it so it might filter down to Qld Health and finally to the federal health dept.

I handed my NDSS test strip approval form in for him to sign at the same time I was there, he had a laugh as he said I did not need them now as I was under control. He signed it with no problems tho'. :D

D

Deleted member 308541

I was at my GP's yesterday for a non urgent visit re my last cardiologist appointment. While I was there I asked him to look up what my hba1c was when I was diagnosed full blown T2 in 2014, it was 6.7% or 50 mmol/mol.

New graph to include that reading.

k1BZhQr.jpg

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent fantastically consistent glycemic control! Well done,!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Wel done @Tipetoo !
As they say, there is no rest for the wicked, and even less for the righteous!

D

Deleted member 308541

After three month completely of Metformin, I got my latest hba1c result yesterday it was slightly up from the last one. It went from 34 to 35 mmol/mol.

My GP is happy with that, and told me to get rid of the Metformin scripts I still have, I am happy with that as well...

bXkGdsh.jpg