Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Definitely need to have this one here..

Not long finished viewing this one. He's such a pleasant fella and you have to admire a Boffin who can talk about poo so eloquently. :)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Adding here - mostly because I'm too lazy to start another thread lol - but it belongs here regardless. A new Ivor Cummins Fat Emperor podcast:

PREVIEW: Patrick Theut - Who Reversed His Heart Disease and CAC Score! Podcast 21

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Great thread, I am now even more determined to at least reduce, if not eliminate Statins (and Beta Blockers and Aspirin) from my medications. After my CAB x 3 operation, they put me on Beta Blockers and low dose Aspirin and warned me about high blood pressure even though I have never has high blood pressure PLUS they were fighting to get my Blood Pressure up over 100 so they could discharge me!

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a friend who was involved with the statins before they were approved.She was one smart puppy and a brilliant researcher.She told me NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER take this drug back when they were working on getting it approved.
And I havent.

Reactions: Indy51

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The first part of what will probably be an excellent interview of Dr Paul Mason by Ivor Cummins.

PART 1 of 5 - Dr Paul Mason on Advanced Cholesterol Tests and Much Much More 1 of 5

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The first part of what will probably be an excellent interview of Dr Paul Mason by Ivor Cummins.

PART 1 of 5 - Dr Paul Mason on Advanced Cholesterol Tests and Much Much More 1 of 5

Hi Indy, it says video has been disabled on platforms other than YouTube so I'm off to watch it there. It should be good, Paul and Ivor make a great team.

Edited to add.

Fifteen minutes, a great teaser. One thing discussed, which I'm glad of, was Lox1. I had heard of it but it hadn't really been explained so now I know what it is. More understanding of LP(a). Great stuff.
Look forward to the remaining casts.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Indy, it says video has been disabled on platforms other than YouTube so I'm off to watch it there. It should be good, Paul and Ivor make a great team.

Edited to add.

Fifteen minutes, a great teaser. One thing discussed, which I'm glad of, was Lox1. I had heard of it but it hadn't really been explained so now I know what it is. More understanding of LP(a). Great stuff.
Look forward to the remaining casts.
Ivor tweeted yesterday that the full interview will be available at the weekend. If you want to binge on Mason/Cummins

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ivor tweeted yesterday that the full interview will be available at the weekend. If you want to binge on Mason/Cummins
Binge sounds good, thanks.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PART 2 of 5 - Dr Paul Mason on Advanced Cholesterol Tests and Much Much More

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Full interview:

PODCAST Ep26 - Dr Paul Mason on Advanced Cholesterol Tests and Much Much More

D

Deleted member 308541

I have been on statins (Crestor / Rosuvastatin) for a bit over five years, I have not experienced side effects from them so guess I have been lucky.

I asked my GP about stopping taking them as my cholesterol readings have been good, he passed the buck and said ask the cardiologist that put you on them in the first place. So a week tomorrow I will ask him (the Cardiologist) about still taking them or not.

There's nothing wrong with my fasting blood test results from last week. A quick copy and paste from here.

http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php

Total Cholesterol 3.70 mmol/L
HDL (High density lipoprotein) 1.75 mmol/L
LDL (Low density lipoprotein) 1.54 mmol/L
Triglycerides 0.89 mmol/L
Your Total Cholesterol of 3.70 is DESIRABLE
Your LDL of 1.54 is OPTIMAL
Your HDL of 1.75 is OPTIMAL
Your Triglyceride level of 0.89 is NORMAL

RATIOS:

Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 2.11 - (preferably under 5.0, ideally under 3.5) IDEAL
Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 1.136 - (preferably over 0.3, ideally over 0.4) IDEAL
Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 0.508 - (preferably under 1.74, ideally under 0.87) IDEAL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A new interview of Dave Feldman by Ivor Cummins:

PART 1 of 2 - Dave Feldman on LDL and All Cause Mortality - Does Cholesterol Kill You?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only