Metformin V Berberine

thingybobby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have suffered the gastric effects of Metformin for almost two years, since T2 diagnosis and have decided (without GP advice), to try the natural supplement, Berberine (which I believe Metformin is derived from), this last weekend.

Has anyone had a longer term use of Berberine to report, please?

PS. Although it's early days, the only gastric change I've experienced, so far, is possibly even more flatulence!

P

pollensa

I have suffered the gastric effects of Metformin for almost two years, since T2 diagnosis and have decided (without GP advice), to try the natural supplement, Berberine (which I believe Metformin is derived from), this last weekend.

PS. Although it's early days, the only gastric change I've experienced, so far, is possibly even more flatulence!

I personally have not taken Berberine, I have a bottle in my cupboard winking at me, as standby just in case I loose the current excellence of tight control no medications only lifestyle changes diet and exercise intermittent fasting regime, but I can confirm second hand news, not a doctor, or from a doctor, I have 3 friends here in Mallorca could could not tolerate Metformin as many who suffer it seems exactly the same symptoms of this drug, and reverted as last resort to Berberine, and they have all advised they have stable consistent low sugars, do not experience the side effects, although some can be the same with berberine for some, and one friend non diabetic, or pre actually takes them, as it has helped her loose weight, the same as metformin actually.

Yet again, I am not a doctor, only speaking of personal knowledge of people I know and see daily, who take the this natural remedy substitute and it seems as thousands of others to work very very well for them.

Hope this assists with knowledge for the pot, have a lovely evening.
Mallorca.

P

pollensa

Ps, to my reply, one friend is into her 4th year to answer your enquiry regards long term use. She has no side effects whatsoever.

P

pollensa

Good to know Pollensa.

I fell off the low carb diet, losing control and regaining weight, but am trying again now.....
Your welcome, and I am sure if you had control once, you will certainly regain it back, perhaps with much more ease than before, good luck.

ketointheuk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ps, to my reply, one friend is into her 4th year to answer your enquiry regards long term use. She has no side effects whatsoever.
may I ask if you see this reply, how often they take berberine? Mine is 400mg and suggests 3 times a day with meals thugh i only eat two times tops?