kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning everyone,
Madam D plummeted to 2.8 yesterday, no real awareness but OK coz I'd invested in Jelly Babies and overindulged
Silly, annoyingly high this dull Saturday morning 11.7, gave it a slap in the belly and hope I've got it right. Loads to do today, shredder still needed, fat balls for the birds, food for the humans. I've got a Thai friend coming to stay so I'm going to make Vietnamese mussels!!
What it happening @SueJB ? Hypos still happening. Where is Sherlock Hypo-solver Holmes when you need him?¿

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Oooh - I like that series about Sherlock set in New York, with Lucy Liu as Watson. Really good puzzles!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The post office must be making heaps of money !!
Funny you should say that. I’ve spent a fortune sending documents to various places by Special Delivery... amusingly (not) I’ve lost a chunk of my bursary because they say my husband earns too much - as a flippin’ postman. You couldn’t make it up. I’m appealing their decision on that, as it’s below the threshold they publish to be knocking money off. Yet more postage!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Cannot wait fir a title like 'Hypo in N.Y' !

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Funny you should say that. I’ve spent a fortune sending documents to various places by Special Delivery... amusingly (not) I’ve lost a chunk of my bursary because they say my husband earns too much - as a flippin’ postman. You couldn’t make it up. I’m appealing their decision on that, as it’s below the threshold they publish to be knocking money off. Yet more postage!
You might have to invest in one of Amazon's delivery drones- And wait, your hubby could charge up the batteries on his posting rounds - gotta be some way to profit off the post ¡!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh Mel I feel for you. Battling 'authorities' is exhausting, frustrating, time-consuming and tests credibility. I won't bore you with some of my experiences over the past few years but you have my absolute sympathy.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki .
Wife is at work.
Don’t / can’t play “ techno “ games.
Might buy a few Budweiser’s.

To quote Meatloaf ( almost ) ......one outta three ain’t bad. ;)

Enjoy your evening.

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Now I'm drunk and before anyone says any thing I really do not care if I drop below 4, which at the moment I ain't.

I was going to suggest two mini Tesco pork pies to sort that, but no way, an unbolused 30g, even with a few units iob didn't quite work as well as expected, as per pic below.

I've got another two of the wee f#!*@!#& in the fridge, so might have another stab at it.

Screenshot_2019-06-08-21-15-39.png

Reactions: porl69 and Knikki

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
What it happening @SueJB ? Hypos still happening. Where is Sherlock Hypo-solver Holmes when you need him?¿
Sweetpea, I have no idea what's happening. Perhaps now I'm coming up to 2 years, my panc has decided to jack it in @kitedoc
What do people say? "no **** Sherlock!!
Fed up to say the least, going to bed at 10.1 ........................ who knows where I'll be tomorrow

Post edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA

Hi @Mel dCP. Did you see the Diabettech May 2019 snapshot of UK DIY APS users? Given your goal of achieving this over the summer you might find this interesting. Cheers. Leeanne

Reactions: kitedoc

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, apologies for not being around today. I woke up on a good bg - 8.5 but hypoed all afternoon through to evening. My brother visited us today, spoiled my bf with alcoholic drinks. Unfortunately my bf ended up quite drunk and vomited everywhere, so I’ve been on cleaning duty. So I’ve hypoed even more and it looks like I won’t be sleeping tonight because I need to keep an eye on him.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning everyone. Dull, overcast here so I'll have a fun time in the kitchen and then retreat to the sofa and read/mooch about on the net/read some more. But first, more coffee, breakfast and more coffee.

I got some more arnica cream yesterday and am putting that on the new tattoo. Quickest thing I can think of to get rid of the bruising fast. The swelling was all gone within a couple of hours of the tattoo being done (well, it was tiny!) and the arnica is helping a lot with the bruising.

6.5 when I got up - not unhappy with that at all.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Washout so far today oh dear oh dear

Hopefully some of you are getting some sunshine

Sunshine and showers yesterday and full sunshine at the moment.................

Morning Cumbs and Wispa too :)

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and it's a sunny start to the day. Had my first cuppa, washing on and just finished my book,Alone on a wide wide sea, so need to start another, I have a few lined up :)
The village fete was cancelled yesterday:( but went to the Thai Festival in our park instead, which was great. Saw the 'ladyboys' singing( and lots of make up but less clothes, very dynamic looking):wideyed: and it is on again today, last time I went in 2016, it was free to watch, but not now, £5 a ticket. I took a video, but it wont upload onto my computer and a couple of photo's, so I will see what I can do.
Happy Sunday:)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Of course, now I've had the tiny tattoo done I'm thinking of slightly larger canvases. But although my husband came with me to the tattoo studio (which is so clean and friendly!) I'm thinking he isn't too thrilled about it. Then again, do I care? Truthfully, not that much - it's my decision to make.

Thing is, it'd have to be something really meaningful to me. And I know just exactly what that would be - I'd like the pic from my mug, but instead of my name over the top of it I'd like "Vegan AF". It'd cost, so my ethical dilemma is whether it'd be better to just donate that money to PETA? Or, save up a lot a lot, and donate an equal sum to whatever the tattoo costs? Arrgh. I'll have to think slowly and seriously. And I'd have time because who has money just lying around?

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki