kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
What kind of heart disease?
My cholesterol on XPERT was 3.8 with lots and lots of carbs, triglycerides under 2 on lots of carbs.

Here's what google says,

How long can you live with congestive heart failure and kidney failure?

Although there have been recent improvements in congestive heart failure treatment, researchers say the prognosis for people with the disease is still bleak, with about 50% having an average life expectancy of less than five years. For those with advanced forms of heart failure, nearly 90% die withinone year.2

Q, you requested stories about people with your kind of health problems. It seems very disingenuous to pass them off as 'bedtime stories. I contend you owe @lucylocket61 an apology.
You have been given enough information, but seem to be unable to absorb it. Your cardiologist will most likely be in the statin camp when it comes to cholesterol etc. So his advice may be quite contrary to the information given in some posts here, but i think you may have other issues perhaps affecting your judgement at the moment and that further discussion is unlikely to help. I suggest you consider counselling and then post after that when other issues you face have been sorted. This is also my last post to you on current matters such as this thread.

Edited by mod to remove reference to previously edited post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robinredbreast

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Near 10,000 posts from @Guzzler would suggest otherwise. It isn't the number, of messages, it's the quality of the advice and the genuine intent to help people behind them

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Q, you requested stories about people with your kind of health problems. It seems very disingenuous to pass them off as 'bedtime stories. I contend you owe @lucylocket61 an apology.
You have been given enough information, but seem to be unable to absorb it. Your cardiologist will most likely be in the statin camp when it comes to cholesterol etc. So his advice may be quite contrary to the information given in some posts here, but i think you may have other issues perhaps affecting your judgement at the moment and that further discussion is unlikely to help. I suggest you consider counselling and then post after that when other issues you face have been sorted. This is also my last post to you on current matters such as this thread.
I never requested stories, it was evidence I was after. You never read the OP did you.

I suspect its ****** obvious I'm receiving counseling, my grandson died I'm watching my daughter die from the inside. Walk a mile in my shoes.

There is no apologies coming, I've thanked everyone for their post and wished them well. You have been waiting for something like this as I'm not a firm believer.

I think the forum could do with a summer sale in clearing out die hards who perceive direct questions and opinion as someone to attack. The forum will not flourish at the rate it could with these, such a shame.

I have a masters degree in business studies, 8th grade in music theory and practical. I've a track record with ' put on the table ' results for 5 business 180's that were dead in the water before I joined, so I am perfectly capable of absorbing and assessing information but prefer data. Whilst being trained to train I was taught that those who absorb and retain the most are those who believe. Sometimes those who say the most know the least.

That's it for me, thank you to everyone who've responded and given me interesting links to study. I truly wish you all well and, thank you once again.

I will uninstall the app from my devices forthwith and would ask the moderators to freeze this post immediately to avoid troll style remarks.

Blessing your days, Qx

Last edited by a moderator:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Q007 you are free to leave if you like, and the thread will be closed as you request. Best wishes for your future health.

Status
Not open for further replies.