Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Indeed.... they are programmed to keep us on our toes I guess... not get complacent maybe
Could be. My levels have been high in the morning lately but always settle down to within normal parameters during the day. IF, very low carb, keeping well hydrated and walking loads is not reaping the rewards I was hoping for. Next HbA1c due in a couple of weeks - that will reveal all accurately. Fingers crossed. Never give up, eh?

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
5.2 best ever....but I was high all day yesterday. Don't know why.
Happens like that sometimes. Mine have been high in the mornings lately, don't know why either. Hope you have a lovely Sunday x

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could be. My levels have been high in the morning lately but always settle down to within normal parameters during the day. IF, very low carb, keeping well hydrated and walking loads is not reaping the rewards I was hoping for. Next HbA1c due in a couple of weeks - that will reveal all accurately. Fingers crossed. Never give up, eh?

Good luck for the HbA1C..hopefully the occasional higher number isn’t going to have a big impact on the 3 months average...

As philosophical as it sounds, we do whatever is in our control and leave the rest to the meter gods!!!

Good luck and a nice Sunday

Reactions: geefull

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 for me this morning, I'm going the wrong way now. I wasn't going to post but thought I would to show others we all get higher numbers from time to time and we don't always understand why! The only thing different is that I've tested later, or is it cos my new test strips don't like me! :depressed:o_O:wacky: