Type 2 Breakfast recipes

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any low carb food you fancy and if you don’t want to eat first thing then you can break your fast at any time.

Ronnie_dog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Recommendations for breakfast rather than omelettes please

I make a chia seed pudding. One tin full fat coconut milk mixed in a bowl with 2 big desert spoons of chia seeds, generous sprinkle of other mixed nuts and seeds (Tesco sell a tub called ‘salad seed sprinkles’), heaped desert spoon of cinnamon and same of ginger. I leave overnight in fridge. It serves 3 breakfasts. I have it with a good Greek yoghurt or double cream and a SMALL amount of fruit, say 6/7 blueberries or 1/4 of an apple chopped.

Alternatively I make some quick almond bread and lots of cream cheese topping or almond butter (or topping of your choice).
50g almond flour per person. Melt big knob butter (kerrygold) in microwave in a small container, add almond flour, one egg and a little salt if liked, mix well and microwave for 1.50/2 mins according to your microwave. Should come out set. I cut it in half to make 2 ‘slices’ of bread.

This almond bread is good for lunch too with toppings.

These full fat recipes keep me full till lunch.

Hope this helps.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sliced ham with cheese, rolled up - lovely, can be prepared beforehand, taken with you etc. Very handy, and tasty. :)