Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Starfish18.... When i “like”, it is often empathy and not that I actually like your numbers going up. And yes, it happens and it can be disappointing... I feel stuck at 6.3 for a while now . I think discipline is key for me. When i was sub 6, i may have loosened a bit on walking / meal timing / hours of sleep while still eating the same. And it seems EVERYTHING matters . On top I stopped Onglyza, which i am convinced was causing side effects. So i need to compensate for that too . Don’t stress... plan with a cool mind. I just learnt that whey protein makes body generate insulin (apparently a lot), which is what Onglyza does too. So even though I don’t like it, i am adding a small whey drink at each meal to do the job of Onglyza (hopefully without the side effects). It seems to be helping. I just don’t want to over do it. So i am trying a quarter of a recommended serving.... fingers crossed... good luck

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
6.6 for me this morning, I'm going the wrong way now. I wasn't going to post but thought I would to show others we all get higher numbers from time to time and we don't always understand why! The only thing different is that I've tested later, or is it cos my new test strips don't like me! :depressed:o_O:wacky:
Bless your heart @Starfish18, that Dawn Phenomenum has a lot to answer for! I have had equally high readings for the last few days too - it's upsetting isn't it, when you try so hard to cut your carbs down and your liver says, 'Hang on! Let's mess things up a bit!' Keept at it it and don't give up. Do you have test solution for your strips?

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bless your heart @Starfish18, that Dawn Phenomenum has a lot to answer for! I have had equally high readings for the last few days too - it's upsetting isn't it, when you try so hard to cut your carbs down and your liver says, 'Hang on! Let's mess things up a bit!' Keept at it it and don't give up. Do you have test solution for your strips?
It is upsetting, Im trying to stay positive though as I've been here before. I've tested my strips with the solution, I always do every time I start a new tub. Just that my readings have been higher (not massively) since starting new strips on Saturday. :bored:

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 for me this morning - after just 7g of carbs yesterday I would have given my liver a stern talking to if it had been any higher! Hope you all have peaceful and happy Mondays x x
Glad your levels are coming back down :)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Starfish18.... When i “like”, it is often empathy and not that I actually like your numbers going up. And yes, it happens and it can be disappointing... I feel stuck at 6.3 for a while now . I think discipline is key for me. When i was sub 6, i may have loosened a bit on walking / meal timing / hours of sleep while still eating the same. And it seems EVERYTHING matters . On top I stopped Onglyza, which i am convinced was causing side effects. So i need to compensate for that too . Don’t stress... plan with a cool mind. I just learnt that whey protein makes body generate insulin (apparently a lot), which is what Onglyza does too. So even though I don’t like it, i am adding a small whey drink at each meal to do the job of Onglyza (hopefully without the side effects). It seems to be helping. I just don’t want to over do it. So i am trying a quarter of a recommended serving.... fingers crossed... good luck
That's ok I never saw it as you "liked" it cos my numbers have gone up :)
Good luck to you too. Hope you fi d the whey drink helps

Reactions: Shas3