Carnivore Corner

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Jim Lahey is your liver consumption still going strong? I’m interested to see if we crave the nutrient dense food we need then move on to the next thing.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trundling along :D

Put a tin of tomatoes into a curry last week, and ended up with pain in hand joints. Not for the first time, but apparently I never learn. Haha!
It was a very eggy weekend, with the most fabulous omelette for lunch yesterday in the cafe of our local garden centre. Huge, buttery and loaded with lovely cheese. Utterly splendid. Lasted me around 8 hours.

Somewhat off topic, but I find myself curious - @wiflib - are druids vegetarian?

Carl13128

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a weekend of steak, eggs and bacon, bs on waking this morning were 6.3 this is going great previous readings were higher when waking. I have completed my first week of carnivore and feel great.

M

Member496333

@Jim Lahey is your liver consumption still going strong? I’m interested to see if we crave the nutrient dense food we need then move on to the next thing.

Yep. Still liking liver. In fact I’ll be having some for breakfast later on, raw. Then tonight’s dinner will be rare liver, crispy bacon, garlic butter mushrooms and a **** ton of cheese.

Reactions: cloudreader

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trundling along :D

Put a tin of tomatoes into a curry last week, and ended up with pain in hand joints. Not for the first time, but apparently I never learn. Haha!
It was a very eggy weekend, with the most fabulous omelette for lunch yesterday in the cafe of our local garden centre. Huge, buttery and loaded with lovely cheese. Utterly splendid. Lasted me around 8 hours.

Somewhat off topic, but I find myself curious - @wiflib - are druids vegetarian?

I found a cafe in Leicester that did amazing omelettes too and on asking, all made to order, fried in butter and a fistful of cheese in the middle.

Druidism doesn’t have any dietary rules apart from compulsory mead consumption. There’s a lot of that and the smoking alternative substances.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a weekend of steak, eggs and bacon, bs on waking this morning were 6.3 this is going great previous readings were higher when waking. I have completed my first week of carnivore and feel great.

Ooo, a new one! I’d be very interested to hear how you do on carni.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep. Still liking liver. In fact I’ll be having some for breakfast later on, raw. Then tonight’s dinner will be rare liver, crispy bacon, garlic butter mushrooms and a **** ton of cheese.

Do you chop it small and swallow whole or chew?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found a cafe in Leicester that did amazing omelettes too and on asking, all made to order, fried in butter and a fistful of cheese in the middle.

Druidism doesn’t have any dietary rules apart from compulsory mead consumption. There’s a lot of that and the smoking alternative substances.

Oooooh,........ where is omelette heaven in Leicester, please?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I just slice it up and chew, but it doesn’t need much chewing, especially raw. Kinda just slips down. Tastes like metallic blood. Personally I love it.

This kinda sounds like a plot for a scifi-horror movie, but it also reminds me to get some liver. And kidneys, loved steak n kidney as a kid.. are you eating the liver as a meal or mixed with other meats. I've heard Dr.Ken Berry talk about how he makes up a pot of minced beef with liver and kidney thrown in... a mash of stuff.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This kinda sounds like a plot for a scifi-horror movie, but it also reminds me to get some liver. And kidneys, loved steak n kidney as a kid.. are you eating the liver as a meal or mixed with other meats. I've heard Dr.Ken Berry talk about how he makes up a pot of minced beef with liver and kidney thrown in... a mash of stuff.

I often drop a frozen pack of chicken livers into curries, bolognese, or other meals. The lump of frozen liver defrosts in a couple of minutes, and then the livers just sort of melt/disappear into the rest of the dish, adding a new depth of flavour and lots of nutrients. Last week I did so with beef mince and when cooked through I stirred in grated cheese too. Lush.

Of course, I am not suggesting anyone mixes raw and cooked ingredients and then eats them. That would be food hygiene insanity. I always make sure that the livers are cooked through when combined with other hot ingredients, and personally have no desire to ever eat raw offal.

Reactions: Tophat1900
M

Member496333

Sometimes on its own. Sometimes with other meats. I try not to get into any habits.

Yeah kidney is also nice. Thinking of getting some lamb hearts soon.

Reactions: Tophat1900
M

Member496333

I mentioned this in Meaty May, but some of you may find ‘Meat Eater’ on Netflix to be interesting. It’s about hunting culture and the great outdoors. Shot in locations such as Alaska and the like. Preparing and eating the fruits of one’s labours, both at home and in the wild. It’s a really good show and likely fascinating to any carnivore with a leaning to nature and real food. Lots of scenes of killing and slaughter, so not recommended for any vegetarians or vegans who may be reading.

Carl13128

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, can I ask is cheese acceptable on a carnivore diet? I had scrambled egg made with cream yesterday I Hope I haven’t fallen off the wagon by having this. Any comments gratefully received.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I often drop a frozen pack of chicken livers into curries, bolognese, or other meals. The lump of frozen liver defrosts in a couple of minutes, and then the livers just sort of melt/disappear into the rest of the dish, adding a new depth of flavour and lots of nutrients. Last week I did so with beef mince and when cooked through I stirred in grated cheese too. Lush.

Of course, I am not suggesting anyone mixes raw and cooked ingredients and then eats them. That would be food hygiene insanity. I always make sure that the livers are cooked through when combined with other hot ingredients, and personally have no desire to ever eat raw offal.

Sounds good to me, the meal suggestions you made. Add cheese, a must do thing.

And no, not about to mix raw with cooked, I'm not a witch doctor in the kitchen. I can feed myself and that's about it, nothing fancy. :D

Reactions: Brunneria

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Sometimes on its own. Sometimes with other meats. I try not to get into any habits.

Yeah kidney is also nice. Thinking of getting some lamb hearts soon.

I haven't had hearts, but have eaten lambs brains before, but that was a long time ago... they were mushy, but not bad at all.

Hopefully I can pick up what I want tomorrow.

Reactions: Member496333

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, can I ask is cheese acceptable on a carnivore diet? I had scrambled egg made with cream yesterday I Hope I haven’t fallen off the wagon by having this. Any comments gratefully received.
Yes its made from animal produce so perfectly acceptable although some people do find that cheese may cause some gastric or weight loss problems.. I have recently been restricting it and probably feel better for it.. then again I did have some last night.!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oooooh,........ where is omelette heaven in Leicester, please?

I forgot you are still there! Loseby Lane, clock tower end near Silver Arcade, near the warhammer shop and the BHF charity shop. It’s a proper greasy spoon and you can walk from the hospital :)

Carl13128

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes its made from animal produce so perfectly acceptable although some people do find that cheese may cause some gastric or weight loss problems.. I have recently been restricting it and probably feel better for it.. then again I did have some last night.!
Thanks for the info, I will add cheese slowly to see the impact. I will let you know how I get on.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you guys eat cow tongue too? My Serbian husband makes a soup which he introduced me to. It's dead easy to make and super tasty too.
We love liver in our household too but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it raw... the smell alone kind of reminds me of... well, that time of month for a woman :p We are not sure we trust the butcher enough for that either. I'm sure my husband would try it but he would want to see the animal killed in front of him to know it's fresh. Meanwhile I've seen him eat stuff straight off the dirty kitchen floor just like our kids do... ha ha