Diasend

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why does a clinic use diasend to monitor patients? The data it presents, in my opinion, is disjointed and uninformative.

I use the Libre blood glucose meter (I don't use the sensors) but I log BG (obviously!) carbs & injections (both basal and bolus) - but using diasend it is impossible to see all that data together, and I've yet to actually find any basal data anywhere.

I've exported the data to excel, I thought I had fairly good excel skills but I can't figure out how to get all the data I want on one meaningful usable sheet successfully.

Am I missing something?:confused:

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I know what you mean, it's just one view of s small part of the complete picture. But, my consultant spends about 20mins with me once a year. Diasend shows her how many hypos, that's her critical measure for safe control. Too many and she gets very cross. Also gives a useful idea of time in range. If we delved into the detail of what I had eaten, how much exercise I'd taken etc we'd be there all day!

Diasend only shows insulin from pumps afaik. There is something about manually entered stuff but I've never looked at it.

It's worth installing the Diasend app which gives some useful views.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Why does a clinic use diasend to monitor patients? The data it presents, in my opinion, is disjointed and uninformative.

At a very rough guess, I reckon its probably because its the only piece of software that can read the data from all the different blood glucose monitors (and there are a lot), I presume it is also set up with a lot of security/encryption in place as I can share all my readings with my hospital from home, I just upload it using the Diasend Uploader (free to the personal user).

Admittedly I can't seem to get it to use my Libre reader readings rather than the readings on my phone - I find the reader easier and more discreet to use rather than my phone, but the phone is easier to use when viewing results/averages etc

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@slip Diasend and Abbotts are parting company very soon

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diasend shows her how many hypos, that's her critical measure for safe control. Too many and she gets very cross.

LOL likewise, but a screen full of purple, green and red numbers doesn't tell the full story. But yes agree with a consultant getting down to the knitty gritty is probably not worth while/good use of time - for a DSN though.......

thanks for all your input guys - maybe I'm not going mad :nailbiting:

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a great DSN here in West Wiltshire, but they've reorganized, and now I make a call and get a call back from one of many, none of which I've ever spoken to. I used to send 'my' DSN emails with my graphs, spreadsheets or what ever and get a very knowledgeable personal response. Ah well, that's progress I suppose.

At least you lot are still here with when I need you.

Reactions: DavidK59

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip Diasend and Abbotts are parting company very soon

Explain???

Diasend read stacks of meters, I can't imagine they have any special relationship. I appreciate they are allowed some online access to the Libreview servers, but why would Abbott want to stop that? I would think it would compromise the NHS view of the product in a world of increasing competition.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Explain???

Diasend read stacks of meters, I can't imagine they have any special relationship. I appreciate they are allowed some online access to the Libreview servers, but why would Abbott want to stop that? I would think it would compromise the NHS view of the product in a world of increasing competition.
Totally agree. My DSN has asked me to use LibreLink(?) For uploading my libre readings...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What sort of information are you looking for, out of interest?

I try to do my own analysis in R/Excel, but its usually quite basic as my commenting isn't detailed enough and I should probably test even more often to build a better picture.

Also, to be fair, getting conclusions from diabetic logs is a difficult task considering you need a large sample to see any trends. It also depends how often the person tests, how long before/after eating/exercise etc, and how honest the person is! Then you have all the confounding effects like stress, illness, weather, monitor bias.....