Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Totally! Couldn't agree more with @Robinredbreast. No mentioning of the C word!

I love the idea of you picking up the little toy; I never quite got past the nursery belief that the toys are alive ..... I still talk to them and try to be kind to them .... (I still have my teddy from when I was little, and his friends).

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
This is a daft question. I dutifully fill in the little space for "Status" on my profile and indeed change it frequently. It's just I have no idea whatsoever where it shows up.....

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This is a daft question. I dutifully fill in the little space for "Status" on my profile and indeed change it frequently. It's just I have no idea whatsoever where it shows up.....
Below every post you write. At laest on my desktop it does.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

It is confusing. And by this time in the working day I'm not at my brightest and best :arghh:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Really? I thought that's was the signature was for?
I've filled out status box to see where it would end up. Still no wiser, but I've tagged you in it, did you get a notification?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I got a notification that you'd mentioned me in a message on your profilem but the little message only shows up on your profile.

I don't really get the point of it. But hey - someone must have thought it just what we need and who am I to dispute?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a notification that you'd mentioned me in a message on your profilem but the little message only shows up on your profile.

I don't really get the point of it. But hey - someone must have thought it just what we need and who am I to dispute?
I'll remove that pretty idiot status then, despite no one's ever going to see it :p

Reactions: WuTwo

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The statuses are a bit like what Facebook used to be in simpler times - everyone has a feed on their profile in which they appear on. There's also a shoutbox for others to drop you a line on there too. Don't see much use it in myself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've a shortcut in my keyboard; when I type 'shruggie' I get it as a suggestion..
17b11cae99956d03a7312c2a18c0e117.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

This is what I see @WuTwo ;
Rest and be kind; you don't have to prove anything. - Jack Kerouac

Life is so very difficult. How can we be anything but kind?” (The Buddha)

No animal commits suicide. If you eat, wear or use any part of that animal, know that it died kicking and screaming to satisfy your hunger.

HbA1C - 36 - 1/5/19, 37 - 24/4/18

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have definitely reached the noisy, snotty, sneezy, wheezy stage of this charming cold. A distinct advantage is that few of my students want to get too close in case they catch it - one of them has been yelling "Unclean, unclean!" at regular intervals all day. The next advantage was it kept that student working as all I needed to do was threaten to come over to that computer area to check! Hasn't had any effect on the most tactile, invade my space at any opportunity one, though. I think we will have a clean the desks and keyboards session tomorrow...