Not only doctors giving duff information

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Which glucose meter is the best one to get - I am newly diagnosed Type 2 and I also think that if I test, I would like to know which foods to avoid.
Hi. I cannot recommend a meter but think other type 2s might do so or you can see what's on offer at Boots. As a newbie I would suggest you may wish to test at 1 hour then 2 hours after some typical meals you eat right now compared to a low carb meal.
As for guides to low carb please type in Diet Doctor Visual Guides so you can find a really helpful picogram of foods ranging from low to high carb plus lots of useful information besides.

Reactions: NannaD

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Not sure I convinced him but it seems that it's not only doctors and nurses spreading false information and failing to keep up with research and results of low carb eating.

Can't blame them. So long as they adhere to NICE guidelines they will not get in trouble.

I think you might have been better off just asking the pharmacist how you should make sure that your dietary and exercise regime weren't adversely affecting your BG levels. Waiting for an HbA1c isn't good enough.