The Churchill Hospital Oxford parking

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Guys I'm due at the diabetes clinic there tomorrow, i've heard you need to allow an hour or so just for to find parking, is this so???

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OCDEM have their own small car park, depending on what time your appointment is depends on if theres any spaces, I was there Monday last week and had a 4:20pm appointment and there were spaces, was there a few weeks earlier early morning (08:30) and again there were plenty of spaces, any time between might be a lottery - might be worth checking out parking in a P&R and getting a bus to the hospital.

Good luck!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Car park 3 is small and right out side OCDEM, it's always difficult to find a space in car park 2, if you don't mind a short walk car park 5 usually isn't as bad as #2.

You not going to the Portal focus group are you?

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks mate. I'm due there at 9am. I don't particularly want to get there for 7:45 - 8am if I don't need to as it's 44 miles for me to get there anyway.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought you weren't that local, at that time traffic around Oxford is a pain - not sure how long you're planning the journey will take you but add another 30mins.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Guys I'm due at the diabetes clinic there tomorrow, i've heard you need to allow an hour or so just for to find parking, is this so???
I've never managed to park at the Churchill, which has added to my usual distress surrounding appointments. I would recommend the bus service or have someone drop you off. If you do manage to park, buy a lottery ticket.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ll just point out that they have increased the areas of resident only on street parking around the Churchill recently too, if you are considering that as a plan B. I think Park and Ride is probably your best bet.

Reactions: ringi

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to have to drive there, thinking for a 9am appointment I may just try and park up at about 7:30am and go get a coffee and a second breakfast.