Just a couple of squares...

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just discovered that Bourneville do bags of large dark chocolate buttons, I have 8 and suck them slowly so they last, a bag will last a week or 2 as I don't have them every night :)

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just discovered that Bourneville do bags of large dark chocolate buttons, I have 8 and suck them slowly so they last, a bag will last a week or 2 as I don't have them every night :)

Most of us on this thread can’t do that, it’s all or nothing but if you’re going to eat dark chocolate, stay away from Bournville, it’s low in cocoa solids and high in sugar and palm oil.
I can eat 100% cocoa chocolate, I used to spit it out it was so bitter so now I don't have any. Six would lead to finishing a large bag off.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find the Lindt 85% bitter enough that you can stick to 2 squares but still with a nice chocolatey flavour.

shopping

Reactions: pzw123

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find the Lindt 85% bitter enough that you can stick to 2 squares but still with a nice chocolatey flavour.

I find some 85% Lindt bars can be more bitter than others - weird! I've occasionally double checked the pack in case I've accidentally ended up with the 90% stuff instead.

I can usually stick to one square at a time usually after my meal, but in times of severe stress (AKA dire need) I'll polish off half or very rarely a whole bar. But dark choc used to be one of my migraine food triggers so I tend to treat it with very great respect now.

Robbity

Reactions: Pasha

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm new to this forum and November will be 2 years, type 2, and no improvement. Trying to diet but have such similar habits, with as sugary and carbs. Started taking chromium 250g last week, and reading up" low carb and how it works
Hi and welcome.
Heres a link to the methods a lot of us have used to put our T2 into remission.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/
have a read around the forum and let us know if you have any questions.. and good luck!