Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Train line is flooded. Good job I knew sugars were falling and grabbed a sandwich. Already 45 mins late and not even out of London.

What time did you eventually get home and how were your levels ?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hello again, I didn't sleep after my hypo but BG settled on 9.1 and I'm waiting for breakfast to be cooked. I had a few strawberries while I'm waiting. It's been raining for ages, anyone else cold? I'm a freezing potato with my iced coffee :hilarious:

Not cold because I just ate a cooked breakfast, but the doors are wide open so the dogs can wander outdoors if they feel like it.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Jaylee can you tell me where and when my quote came from, is it part of a post, or a reply to another member's post ??

It's part of my sig. I wasn't thinking of old companion animals; I was thinking of the totally worn out cattle (aged around 6 out of a natural lifespan of 20 yrs), pigs and other animals classified as food. They could all live happily for years but they wouldn't be "productive units". (Makes them sound like machine parts but they're not products - they're living beings who feel pain, fear, excitement and happiness). And they definitely don't want to take a stroll into the slaughterhouse.... Hence, my sig,,,,

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
What time did you eventually get home and how were your levels ?
Just after eight. Went down to 3.2 on train, treated, injected in shoulder as it was the only accessible bit of me on busy train, ate my sandwich. Home on a 6.8, which was amazing.

Reactions: LooperCat

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As soon as my breakfast is ready and as i'm eating it my bg is dropping - I can't remember the diabetic's name but I think I'll take fiasp in stages now and I guess it's a bit of trial and error. But I'm so full that I don't think I can consume anything more :arghh::hungover:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone purchased any stickers or patches for their sensor to jazz it up a bit or keep it more secure?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, no work today because I’m heading off to Snowdonia today for my charity zip line thing on Saturday. Just going to roll over and go back to sleep for a bit... :rolleyes:

Has anyone purchased any stickers or patches for their sensor to jazz it up a bit or keep it more secure?
Yes, I get stickers from pepmeup.org because they look very dull! I’ve made a purple carbon fibre effect one for my MiaoMiao too :)

Reactions: kitedoc

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps, no work today because I’m heading off to Snowdonia today for my charity zip line thing on Saturday. Just going to roll over and go back to sleep for a bit... :rolleyes:

Yes, I get stickers from pepmeup.org because they look very dull! I’ve made a purple carbon fibre effect one for my MiaoMiao too :)
Oh could you drag me along with you please? my zombie self would like a day out too. I accept the extra sleep as well:hilarious: Thank you, i'll have a cheeky look :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP Why you do this? the website has so many choices and I'm very indecisive, I might as well buy the whole website. :hilarious:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Flaming June? Not in Oxford, heating still on, grey skies, rain. I find it quite hard to think of something happy and yellow to do. Very lethargic but Madam BG is content 5.8.

Reactions: kitedoc and WuTwo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It's part of my sig. I wasn't thinking of old companion animals; I was thinking of the totally worn out cattle (aged around 6 out of a natural lifespan of 20 yrs), pigs and other animals classified as food. They could all live happily for years but they wouldn't be "productive units". (Makes them sound like machine parts but they're not products - they're living beings who feel pain, fear, excitement and happiness). And they definitely don't want to take a stroll into the slaughterhouse.... Hence, my sig,,,,

Thanks @WuTwo for your explanation, @Jaylee quoted me, so I was rather :confused:

Reactions: WuTwo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just after eight. Went down to 3.2 on train, treated, injected in shoulder as it was the only accessible bit of me on busy train, ate my sandwich. Home on a 6.8, which was amazing.

I have never injected in my shoulder's, well improvised Diakat and with an amazing 6.8 too :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I’m not telling you what it was at bedtime though as that was not quite so good. Sigh.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning
I am bleeding frozen! Weather best puick up a bit as we are going camping tomorrow for a week, may put it off until Sat morning
Bloods ok around the 4 mark all night, will take that

@Diakat never in 48 years did I inject in my arms/shoulders. Was always told to pinch (had to years ago with the length of the needles), always found it too awkward. Plus I was probably scared of hitting a bone :bag:

I am now looking for a skin for Mike, he is looking bare at the mo. Would try and do a carbon one myself BUT my cutting out skills are pretty shocking

Reactions: kitedoc

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Could anyone tell me what their favourite finger pricker is? I haven’t found one that I liked and if I ask my dsn on friday, do you know if I can ask her for one? Or is it another GP trip to ask? Or does the consultant have to write a letter to the GP again?

I use the Accucheck Fastclix. Just had a new one sent as the old ones numbers had worn off :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've done an arm once but Shoulder?!?! needs must I suppose, go on @Diakat spill the beans about your bed time level - you could put it down to stress!?

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could anyone tell me what their favourite finger pricker is? I haven’t found one that I liked and if I ask my dsn on friday, do you know if I can ask her for one? Or is it another GP trip to ask? Or does the consultant have to write a letter to the GP again?

Another vote for Accu Chek FastClix. When diagnosed I got an Aviva meter and an Abbot Freestyle meter (for ketone testing) and my DSN took the lancet out of the Freestyle box and told me to only use the FastClix. :D