Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry @Mel dCP can we confirm whether you changed the whole thing or just the pointy bit? just wondering if this means the end of THE world or just the end of our world..............:hilarious:

Was clearing out a cupboard at the weekend and found a whole box of pointy things, and a box of syringes!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sorry @Mel dCP can we confirm whether you changed the whole thing or just the pointy bit? just wondering if this means the end of THE world or just the end of our world..............:hilarious:

Was clearing out a cupboard at the weekend and found a whole box of pointy things, and a box of syringes!
Just the pointy bit. I was testing husband and son this morning. T2 runs very strongly in both their families, and with my T1 possibly having a genetic element, I check them every couple of months. Son came in at 4.6; husbeast at 5.4 :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I’m not telling you what it was at bedtime though as that was not quite so good. Sigh.

Tbh, when I have high, highs, I tend not to post, because I feel frustrated and tend to berate myself :oops:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tbh, when I have high, highs, I tend not to post, because I feel frustrated and tend to berate myself :oops:

thats just being selfish - let us all berate you for it! :hilarious:

I had a 15.0 last night (pizza, miss-timed split dose) :nailbiting:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Oh well, I shall just have to be selfish, just me, myself and I ..................;)

Reactions: LooperCat

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Terrible, that slaughters my 12.7 from missing 1.5u by undercalculating rice content of a homemade curry at a friends. :mask:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I've done an arm once but Shoulder?!?! needs must I suppose, go on @Diakat spill the beans about your bed time level - you could put it down to stress!?
just between you and me @slip (promise not to tell) 13.7 which was more to do with a comforting Tunnocks wafer than stress.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Another vote for Accu Chek FastClix. When diagnosed I got an Aviva meter and an Abbot Freestyle meter (for ketone testing) and my DSN took the lancet out of the Freestyle box and told me to only use the FastClix. :D

I agree that Accuchek are great. I use the Softclix - I have really wussy fingertips that bleed if you look at 'em, just about. I use the Softclix on the lowest possible setting - not even on 1.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski Have a look at this link https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...tions-unlock-code-for-freestyle-libre.139956/ as it gives you a code to access the "Health Professional" part of the Libre reader so you can set it up so you can feed more information into it and get the famed "ginger bread man" up which can tell you if you have insulin on board.

That way you might not get so caught out as you did the other night :)
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Do you think this will sync on the libre app? or is it just the reader only? I use my phone and the app for the sensor and the meter/reader for BG readings or cross checking.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I think I'd ask your dsn - if she hasn't got any, so be it. And if it has to be the GP she can tell you that.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've always gotten kit like that from my DSN and supplies for it (lancet drums) on my repeat prescription from GP.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, i'll let everyone know the outcome. Unfortunately I didn't get a lancet device with my freestyle meter, so I'm just using an old generic one from another meter. It's good to have spares though, right? :D

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Oh yum. I am having warm banana bread with chocolate chips on top!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski I'm with @WuTwo on the finger pricker, I use an AccuChek SoftClix. I have an AccuChek Mobile meter and the SoftClix attaches to that so it's really convenient. The Mobile takes little drums of lancets so you don't have to keep finding somewhere to put used strips though you need to put expired drums in a sharps bin

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I. am. fighting. an. urge. to. Rage. Bolus. :shifty:

Thank you for reading, enjoy your day.

Reactions: porl69