Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just woken up after being asleep since lunchtime, having slept all morning... Yep, finally given in and stayed home to see if I can kick this Japes-flu into touch.

@db89 Also trying to resist the urge to rage bolus as despite the lack of food since breakfast, then being an OK number at lunchtime, I seem to be horribly high. Still, I'll wait it out until usual meal time, then decide what to do.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, waiting for daughter and her boyfriend to arrive, as we are going to see other daughter, SIL and baby Cleo :happy::joyful: I will have to eat when I get back, probably soup, so that should warm me up on a not so hot, cold dark miserable rainy June day............sigh :rolleyes:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just woken up after being asleep since lunchtime, having slept all morning... Yep, finally given in and stayed home to see if I can kick this Japes-flu into touch.

@db89 Also trying to resist the urge to rage bolus as despite the lack of food since breakfast, then being an OK number at lunchtime, I seem to be horribly high. Still, I'll wait it out until usual meal time, then decide what to do.

I hope you are doing okay
If it were me, I’d stay in bed

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA

Sorry. Accidentally pressed the like icon. Hope you feel better soon. Cheers Leeanne

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, I went to bed early because I was feeling a mild panic attack coming on, only very mild. BG settled nicely when I went to rest and woke on a 8.7. Which was nice for a change because during the day it looks like I'm battling Mike Tyson and trying to drive. The thing is BG seems good and okay through finger pricks and the libre likes to add some drama and say "ooo you spiked, I hope you start panicking." :hilarious:
I have an appointment to see my dsn today, I'm hoping she wouldn't be as stern and cold like my consultant. :hilarious:

Reactions: karen8967

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone im sick of this rain its been never ending at least its friday last day in work then off for the weekend have a good day everyone
I was about to take the recycles out because it's bin day and it started pouring. I was like never mind i'll take it out later. :hilarious:

Reactions: karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all. Yep - TFIF is all I can say. I like my job, I like my boss, I really like my colleagues but - after so very many years I am ready to stand down.

The irritating thing is I have made all the National Insurance contributions I can - no matter what I do I can't increase my state pension any more - but I got to keep working another 3 years. Aaargh! I look on it as helping to pay for my meds over the years. It doesn't help.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning everyone im sick of this rain its been never ending at least its friday last day in work then off for the weekend have a good day everyone

I agree about our awful weather, we will have to post happy sunshine songs.
Have a great Friday :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, awoke on a 2.9, treated and it's steadily going up, but a headache too.

A sunshiny song to help with previous post about our rubbish weather !.

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry. Accidentally pressed the like icon. Hope you feel better soon. Cheers Leeanne

To be fair, I like the fact I've finally given in and stayed home! (There is an Undo Rating you can use to the right of where the emoticons are, at least there is on my laptop, if you're using anything else, I'm not sure.)

Reactions: Knikki

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Emerged from my pit to say "Morning," deal with the necessary, swear at the sickness-induced overnight highs, let the boiler service person in, (old friend by now after 10 years servicing my boilers and doing the replacement for the dramatic exploding one in Former Abode 2 days after I moved in there...) and phone in sick again, then off back to bed once bloods are back in range again.

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all from my cut little cottage on Anglesey. It’s so cold we had to light the log burner. In June. Currently snuggled up and feeling sorry for the poor sap who has to teach my horrendous year eight class about sex and consent in PSE this morning. Hope your appointment goes well @MeiChanski ❤️

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I saw my dsn just now and she is really nice, so nice that I wanted to cry. She wanted to put me on the SWITCH course, apparently it’s very different to DAFNE because they provide a more personalised ratios and correction rations for each diabetic.
She also said the pumps they have available are omnipod, medtronic 640 and 670 and they are waiting for Tandem to get back to them.
Moreover, she said I’ve been one of the few lucky ones to get the sensor, apparently there are diabetics who want it and there are diabetics who are struggling and need it. CGMs are harder to get approved because of the price and some diabetics have to declare they are hypo unaware and lose their drivers license.
I also got the lancet device that you all mentioned, I’m excited about it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland