Diabetes app

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there an app,that i can use on my laptop.Most of what ive seen,is on phones and in the US.I arthritis amnd would prefer to use my laptop.I have just been told that i have Colitis.As i am totally alone,i woundered if there was someone who has the same to help support me.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Check the website of your meter's manufacturer. A few have downloadable programs. Once installed you can sometimes connect your meter to your PC with a USB cable and download your readings to make graphs etc.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi misty65

Sorry to hear your news. . I am in a similar position thou yourself. I have had colitis for some time and in Jan this year it was confirmed that I have Type 1 Diabetes.

Colitis is a very unpleasant illness. Thankfully there quite a few treatments for it. I sympathise with you and hope you started on some treatment soon.

Both of these illnesses are autoimmune so having both is not unusual. I also have other autoimmune conditions as well so in someways was not surprised when I developed Type 1 Diabetes

If I can be of any help please let me know

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi misty65

Sorry to hear your news. . I am in a similar position thou yourself. I have had colitis for some time and in Jan this year it was confirmed that I have Type 1 Diabetes.

Colitis is a very unpleasant illness. Thankfully there quite a few treatments for it. I sympathise with you and hope you started on some treatment soon.

Both of these illnesses are autoimmune so having both is not unusual. I also have other autoimmune conditions as well so in someways was not surprised when I developed Type 1 Diabetes

Hi misty65

misty65

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
When i moved to Scotland,i was taken off all pain meds.So i over eat.Everything i eat makes me ill.Im T2 ,am looking for some support as i live alone,also food ideas.Is there any meds than can help.I have Dr appt in july.many thanks

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you are Type 2 then you should really update your profile as it says you're Type1, and if people think you're type 1 you may get answers that are not relevant to you, you should be able to change it in your profile, its helpful if you update your profile to show what diabetics meds you are on as well.

Paul520785

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To try and give some info > > >
I have used OneTouch meters for years and the option to download their program to download from meters seems as if it may help.
They usually offer a free meter and if you ask also provide a USB connecting cable.
Now the technical bit
- The supplied software has various tables and reports + options to add other data
- you can export a file in CSV format BUT the date is not in UK format it is MDY as it appears to have been created for US systems.
I convert the info into Excel and have created a summary which shows the data as an average hourly reading for a day. I find this helpful and The Diabetic consultant thinks it is brilliant.

T1 for 60+ years and still here - just ache a bit sometimes!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I use smartlog with my caresens duel it has a phone app but there is also a version that you can use on your computer and input data via a cable.

I believe the codefree meter has compter software and can be connected to the computer via a cable also.

D

Deleted member 308541

I have spoken to accu chek.There only have an app for phones.thankyou
Accu Chek do have software and the cable for the pc.

The Accu-Chek 360˚ diabetes management system delivers features that are designed to help make storing, accessing and reviewing your diabetes information simple, fast and convenient. Its user-friendly platform and easy-to-navigate design put you in touch with a wealth of valuable health information right on your PC.

https://www.accu-chek.com.au/data-management/360

Derbysocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you are using an up to date version of windows 10 the Accu-Chek 360 software won’t install from the cd. You need to copy the cd to your hd & then edit the setup.ini & rem out the requirement for activex. As windows 10 already has a better version built in. It will now install.