Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@MeiChanski - I'm so glad your dsn was helpful! It matters so much to feel that there are people on your side :)

And to the frozen ones who have a snuggly fire - sent some heat my way? Our heating broke ages ago and the horrible landlord won't fix it. (I say horrible, but she's probably perfectly nice). We are all frozzed to our marrows.

Off to boil the kettle for a round of hot drinks!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning fellow T1s

Awoke to a 7.0 and I’m delighted with that as of late I have had poor figures.

Dull here but the rain has stopped for now allowing me to get bedding plants placed in the teeny weeny garden, so I’m feeling a bit done in with my labours but I’m pleased that the task has been completed

Anyone else got their bedding plants in?

Should we post pics to look at?

Have a good day friends I wish you all well

Reactions: Daphne917

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I've love pics - most especially of Wispa playing in the garden!

Reactions: Cumberland

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski - I'm so glad your dsn was helpful! It matters so much to feel that there are people on your side :)

And to the frozen ones who have a snuggly fire - sent some heat my way? Our heating broke ages ago and the horrible landlord won't fix it. (I say horrible, but she's probably perfectly nice). We are all frozzed to our marrows.

Off to boil the kettle for a round of hot drinks!
Yes, it's very relieving. I felt more positive leaving :)

Reactions: WuTwo

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could anyone confirm if your GP takes a while to update your repeat prescriptions? like your consultant approves of your new medication and writes to your GP to prescribe it

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Could anyone confirm if your GP takes a while to update your repeat prescriptions? like your consultant approves of your new medication and writes to your GP to prescribe it

Yep - depends on the speed of the consultant and then of his secretary ....

Reactions: MeiChanski

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Usually takes a couple of weeks for me x

My cottage for the weekend :)

FCCDB068-797E-4D33-AC0A-B2A1C9F034AE.jpeg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Great idea, though I don't think I can find anything I listen to that qualifies as 'happy sunshine songs'. :headphone::hilarious:

Well the sun has been beaming down here, :happy: Katrina and the waves Walking on Sunshine :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon guys, late on parade - had to go to the Uni's book storage facility - 186 miles of shelving, over 10 million books - didn't read a single one! :cyclops:

BGs have been on best behaviour, since I was driving and I usually go a bit low mid mornings I knocked the insulin back abit and been on steady 8.something all morning which is fine by me.

Edited to add: Nice cottage Mel, zippedidy doo dah zippedidy day!

Reactions: WuTwo and hh1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee can you tell me where and when my quote came from, is it part of a post, or a reply to another member's post ??

It's part of my sig. I wasn't thinking of old companion animals; I was thinking of the totally worn out cattle (aged around 6 out of a natural lifespan of 20 yrs), pigs and other animals classified as food. They could all live happily for years but they wouldn't be "productive units". (Makes them sound like machine parts but they're not products - they're living beings who feel pain, fear, excitement and happiness). And they definitely don't want to take a stroll into the slaughterhouse.... Hence, my sig,,,,

Thanks @WuTwo for your explanation, @Jaylee quoted me, so I was rather :confused:

Glad we cleared that one up then @Robinredbreast .
Back tracking though all the text to the other day where my mistake came into play
Regarding a status update conversation with Antje.?
So, you were quoting @WuTwo 's sig & I thought I was quoting you..
Regardless of the source of course
The comment got me thinking regarding an animal's right to choose.
occasionally, that's what they do when sick with no more avenues..

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@MeiChanski I see others have responded about Fiasp.
I prefer pictures so I will just add this to the discussion ...
View attachment 33570
The solid line is the strength of Fiasp over time and the dashed line is NovoRapid.
You can see they run out at the same time but Fiaps peaks much earlier.
The graph is from the drug company i presume and will likely be an average, and they have not been bothered enough to indicate what the actual range of action - onset, peak and duration is or how it varies with dosage etc.
As is the graph is good for illustrative purposes but of course will vary between individual users.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Fiasp is indeed not too bad. I was 5.4 at lunch, we had a cheeky mcdonalds session, I spiked to 9.8. Then I stayed at 6.3. BG has been good today but unfortunately I was too exhausted to do anything else. We'll see what tomorrow brings. :)
Are spikes not really best avoided if possible?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I’ve got one, actually. A proper Russian Kalashnikov, all legally deactivated :D

Just been called an effing see you next Tuesday by a twelve year old...
Parents and violence on Tv as two underlying causes. Maybe some expulsions of pupils are in order. Serve the parents right .