urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Did you serve it with anything else? and did you find it filling?

I don't have a particularly big appetite, never have. Had a small piece of garlic bread on the side though, it's enough for me.

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried this and I think it tastes good especially since I haven't eaten pizza for over a year!! I only had quarter as I like to keep the carbs as low as possible. I had mine with a salad. It didn't raise my sugars so it's a hit with me.

Reactions: urbanracer

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s a bit carby for me - and I find tomato too sweet these days. I make my own carnivore pizza - with thanks to @dunelm for the original inspiration - as follows:

Blitz a bag (40g) of Awfully Posh pork crackling in a food processor (I use a mini chopper)
Melt 65g grated cheese (blend of mozzarella and cheddar works well) with 25g cream cheese
Mix the blitzed pork crackling into the melted cheese and work it into a dough like ball
Spread onto a greased baking tray (one with holes in works well)
Bake for 12 minutes on gas 7
Add toppings and bake again for 10-15 minutes

Simple and delicious

83470C20-2290-4579-8E9A-8EE29FE515DB.jpeg

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw it a few weeks ago. But for the size and carbs I’d rather make a “fathead” dough base and make my own. Though if feeling a bit lazy it’s nice to know there’s an option out there at long last for a quick easy takeaway

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Will look out for it in M and S Tomorrow.

Waste of time. Walked from work to Bury St Edmund's m and s to be told we don't have any and as we are a small store we may not stock it. Will try Lowestoft next week.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've tried both, great for when you can't be bothered cooking. Preferred the margarita and added peperami and mushrooms and olives to mine. Nice with a salad.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Waste of time. Walked from work to Bury St Edmund's m and s to be told we don't have any and as we are a small store we may not stock it. Will try Lowestoft next week.

I found mine in a small M and S food store, not part of a big clothes store. Must be a regional thing?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@urbanracer How was your BG in the end? :)

I was up at 10.5 before the meal (which was unusual, I don't know why I'd drifted high) so took a couple of units. 2 hours later and after sharing a fresh cream eclair with the missus I was at 10.0. Not great, but could have been worse.

Reactions: MeiChanski

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found mine in a small M and S food store, not part of a big clothes store. Must be a regional thing?
Ditto. Foodhall only. Expensive for an OAP like me, but in line with M&S, Think I will dig out the Nigella recipe and venture into DIY. Will report back on bgl response to it later.

Edit: The results are in - PRE/ 2hrPP / 4hrPP were 4.4 / 5.7 / 4.8 mol/l resp. This was on reduced Glic (40 mg) and no Metformin So I will be having it again (sans feline of course)

For those who know me, those results were amazing considering my recent hospital-induced carbfest. Too soon to claim victory but getting back to where I was.

P.S. The cat Loved it.

Last edited:

Amy Cecilia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In my previous (non diabetic) life I once made a « pizza » with fennel base and loads of cheese for a veggie supper. Think it would work with celeriac slices too

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Well I tried this yesterday and the base was revolting, it looked like chopped and shaped cheap meat.....won’t be on my shopping list again

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for this @malcs90
I live in BSE too and was just thinking I might pop by M&S tomorrow morning. I won't bother now ;)