Hey fellow diabetes

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys. Ok I’m definitely new here lol.

Last Thursday I was rushed to hospital by my gf I had big issues breathing.

Was seen to straight away by the staff. They put me on oxygen to highest level. Was on it a long time.

Then was told I got pneumonia.
Also plates influenza plus bugs in my lungs.

Then the ultimate kick I was told I’m type 1 diabetes.

Felt my world was torn apart. Was fit n healthy now down to this.

Got home yesterday now re cooperating at home trying to get my head around this new life style.

Good thing I suppose is these needles aren’t big lol. Very thin small so hardly feel pain.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting friends on here and talking to everyone how they are getting on with this.

Take care.

Matt.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @Delticmatt100 Welcome to the forum and the world of T1.

I would update your Profile especially to do with which Type of Diabetic you are because it can impact on the answers or advice to get.

Pneumonia? UGH! not nice but good to see you are on the mend.

New T1 too well it will be a bit of learning curve from now on but once you get the hang of it, it really should not stop you from doing anything.

Have a look around the forum and ask away, there is usually someone around who can help out.

As for getting on, I have been T1 for a lllooonnggg time, yes it has its ups and downs, sometimes I get it right sometimes not, don't stop me from doing anything, life is to short and there is so much to see and do :)

If you want o get some idea of what its like living with T1 then have a look in the "Type 1R US" thread. There is a bunch of us in there that chat away, some long terms, some new, some not had it so long, big mix in fact

Take care :)

Hey thanx for that.

How do I update my profile?
Hope u can help.

Matt

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As you've updated your photo guess you have found out. But when you sign in you will see your name top right of the screen, click on that and a drop down should appear, from there you can update most things one of which is Profile :) that is if your using a computer or tablet, not sure from a phone.
Hmm using my phone and ipad. Will try update on my pc soon as I can as at gfs parents few days while I rest and try to learn about foods etc. Just had a nice salad so see how my readings are later before dinner.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi guys. Ok I’m definitely new here lol.

Last Thursday I was rushed to hospital by my gf I had big issues breathing.

Was seen to straight away by the staff. They put me on oxygen to highest level. Was on it a long time.

Then was told I got pneumonia.
Also plates influenza plus bugs in my lungs.

Then the ultimate kick I was told I’m type 1 diabetes.

Felt my world was torn apart. Was fit n healthy now down to this.

Got home yesterday now re cooperating at home trying to get my head around this new life style.

Good thing I suppose is these needles aren’t big lol. Very thin small so hardly feel pain.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting friends on here and talking to everyone how they are getting on with this.

Take care.

Matt.

Welcome to the forums @Delticmatt100 , click on the links in any moderator's signature for some useful information to get you started. (If using a phone turn it sideways to reveal signature panels).

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @Delticmatt100 Welcome to the forum and the world of T1.

I would update your Profile especially to do with which Type of Diabetic you are because it can impact on the answers or advice to get.

Pneumonia? UGH! not nice but good to see you are on the mend.

New T1 too well it will be a bit of learning curve from now on but once you get the hang of it, it really should not stop you from doing anything.

Have a look around the forum and ask away, there is usually someone around who can help out.

As for getting on, I have been T1 for a lllooonnggg time, yes it has its ups and downs, sometimes I get it right sometimes not, don't stop me from doing anything, life is to short and there is so much to see and do :)

If you want o get some idea of what its like living with T1 then have a look in the "Type 1R US" thread. There is a bunch of us in there that chat away, some long terms, some new, some not had it so long, big mix in fact

Take care :)

Hi. Do u know what section this Type 1R US is in as I can’t find it.

Hope can help
Matt

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
By the way, there are plenty of fit and active diabetics so don’t worry too much.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Matt,
Welcome to the world of diabetes! ;)

Hope you're coping well with this huge change. You'll be back to being fit and healthy in no time, but with quirks! :wacky: