Type 2 Thirsty - Drinks During the Day

Tiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is important to drink water.....but could i just ask coffee,tea,squash,sparkling water etc how many types of drink and how much / how many drinks throughout the day (if fasting or trying to stick to a low carb format).
Some drinks have sweeteners even sparkling water lemon and lime type drinks. Tap water with squash just
trying to get an idea of what others might do....i tend to do coffee in the morning but given advice that its ok
to put cream in it...i do that now on the days i try to fast.
But how many cups of tea a day is it best to try to switch to having it black - no milk at all can you have tea
whilst fasting? Cold drinks - i know water is fine and encourage but is it ok to have say sparkling water and
some no added sugar squash or tap water and squash. I am sure others might have other drinks hot chocolate,
lemonade etc - I switched to skimmed milk very few if any eggs -years ago when it was suggested not good for you now i am having to retrain my brain and change my shopping list whilst trying to fo Low Carb and Fast.
Need a cuppa now i have moved up to semi skimmed milk to have with it....trying to make changes that i can stick to.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink very little water but lots of coffee with cream (4-5 mugs) and probably 1-2 mugs of tea with lactofree milk per day.
Maybe a glass of water before bed.
My mugs are big, 400ml per mug, so I take in about 2.5 litres of liquid per day.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink about 7 cups (mugs) of tea in a day. I hate creamy tea, even semi skimmed is too creamy for me in tea, so I am obliged to have skimmed, but only a dash.

I have an occasional coffee, either with cream if at home, or black if I am out.

I drink ordinary tap water.

It is rare that I drink squash or anything fizzy. I am wary of the sweeteners they use in flavoured or sugar free drinks, especially aspartame.

I drink red wine (does that count!!!!)

What I do miss on hot summer days are lager and lemonades. Sadly, no more.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I love rooibos tea (redbush) - I drink it without anything in it, and get through about 8 - 10 mugs a day. Happily there is no caffeine in it.

I start the day with a couple of mugfuls of strong black filter coffee and aside from that, at the office I have either the rooibos or green (sometimes white) tea - again just as it comes.

No carbs in rooibos tea (forgot to say).

dipsydo

I find sparkling water is fine as is soda water. Rather than flavouring with squash tap water with a slice or two or lime , lemon , or orange can flavour it without any artificial flavouring , I find best if put in fridge to let the flavour infuse . Cucumber in water is also very refreshing and you can add mint . For a hot drink I sometimes try fresh ginger grated in hot water. It is all a matter of trying things and finding what you like .

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I love rooibos tea (redbush) - I drink it without anything in it, and get through about 8 - 10 mugs a day. Happily there is no caffeine in it.

I start the day with a couple of mugfuls of strong black filter coffee and aside from that, at the office I have either the rooibos or green (sometimes white) tea - again just as it comes.

No carbs in rooibos tea (forgot to say).
I’ve been curious about rooibos tea and I was wanting to give it a shot, what’s the taste profile like?

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been curious about rooibos tea and I was wanting to give it a shot, what’s the taste profile like?
I haven't drunk regular tea in a while, but Rooibos has a similar if less bitter taste (if I remember the taste of tea correctly lol). You can also drink it with milk like regular tea. It is also really nice as iced tea.

Tiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all - you have given me some ideas and a guide to tackle liquidity - i am partial to a glass of red or even white wine on the very special occasion.....but it was the cuppa tea that i need most days - i think i can cope now knowing i can have that and more if i take care. Rooibos,green tea seem popular - have to say today i found a liquorice ginger and turmeric teabag item at Sainsburys. I think it will be like Marmite love it or hate it type tea - will probably be straight back to ordinary but i saw the turmeric and thought thats suppose to be good for you. Once again many thanks for telling me your favourites and how many cups/mugs a day.