Glab mini monitor

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone tried the Glab mini monitor.

Not a lot of functions but only the size of a credit card! Also do you know if the strips are available on prescription?

Thanks for any info

Jgos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
being dependent
Never heard about the Glab mini momitor and I thought I was bad. Who is it made by ? and why not use a standard bit of kit ? All Lifestyle strips are paid for by the glorious NHS!

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
The wavesense jazz is small and feature rich, strip available on the NHS

And if you phone wavesense they will send you a free meter with 25 strips, and a PC cable if required

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Searly. I use a Freestyle freedom lite at the mo but my "manbag" is getting full and I was just looking at reducing size. It doesn't help that with me carrying all that I had in my pockets as well as Diabetic paraphenalia, glasses, diary etc in my bag that my wife has stopped using a handbag and just uses mine now!

Do any other blokes use bags to carry their stuff?

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I experiemnted with a bag but found I kept leaving things everywhere and couldnt ever fit in what I needed.
These days I take to either keeping all I need in a jacket pocket or I tend to wear trousers or shorts with decent sized thigh pockets.
Of course there is no specific dress code where I work which certainly helps :)

/A

RussG

I use a Joe's small-in-one, which can hold my insulin, a day's needles, strips, meter, a couple of lancets and some dextrose tablets. It's got a belt loop but I rarely use that. I do really like the bag though, but as I have a young son, we've always got a bigger bag around when out and about.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Looks likes its from
logo.gif
:lol:

413ehthTrGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
friar tuck said:
Thanks Searly. I use a Freestyle freedom lite at the mo but my "manbag" is getting full and I was just looking at reducing size.

Have you considered the Freestyle Lite? It's much smaller than the Freedom version. Not sure if it uses the same strips as the Freedom. Although I'm not a bloke, I downsized from my Accuchek after the DAFNE course to remove my excuse for not testing out of the house (it worked).

Jgos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
being dependent
I will make you laugh - i carry a CGM (Navigator) - Omnipod PAD - Blackberry and an iPhone. So workis easy, I had a suit made with six small pockets in the lining !! But when casual, ie beach or evening I am stuffed - especially if I am carrying test strips to calibrate !! Man bag for the beach seems the only way forward !!