What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He's adorable DJC...I have a friend who owns a miniature schnauzer...one of the smartest dogs I've ever encountered.

We haven’t stopped smiling all day. I think he already knows his name which is pretty good for day 1. I promise not to post too many photos over the next few weeks - although the memory on my phone is already full!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yayyyyyy I've caught up with the thread....finally! Love the pleasant chit chat. Episode 4 of love island. I've gone from disinterested to GRIPPED I'm sorry to say......coffee and cream now with 2 pieces of yummy choccy.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@

oh my goodness he is just gorgeous. He is going to be so loved by you all. Love the name too. Solid and sensible...hope he settles well. You are defo going to have some great times and hopefully steady low BG. Please keep the photos coming...

Ooh you might regret saying that about the photos! It’s been such a lovely day. I didn’t say anything about him before as I felt I might jinx it, daft I know but I was so looking forward to getting him, I couldn’t believe it was finally happening. I still can’t quite believe it!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.6 this morning

So going down...slowly...

Blue skies out there...it’s 6am
Fluffy clouds skipping across the sky
Sun peeping over the rooftops and catching my tree tops
And I am going to meditate.....
Take care x
>^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.7 this morning

It started out a bit grey here but turned out to be a lovely day, We took mum over to Dornoch for a walk around and then lunch and then later took the wee dog for a walk in the afternoon ;)

Loads of Canadians about in Dornoch from a cruise ship, all very friendly and enjoying Scotland although they were being whisked about at a brisk pace by their tour guide :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

When we were in Oban last week a huge cruise ship arrived - the Queen Victoria. I think the population of Oban doubled within a couple of hours! Again mostly Canadian passengers and very friendly, it was a gorgeous sunny day so they really saw the town at its best.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.9 today. Hooray to be back in the 5s ( just) little Dennis slept pretty well on his first night here. He cried for 10 mins or so, then humphed and got on his cushion and slept until 6 am.
We are spending the day at home alone today just having fun.
@Bildad how was your summer camp meeting. My girls used to go to a church camp run by a friend - they have such good memories of it, well done you for sticking with it dispite the increased red tape.
@Shas3 the same thing happens to me - if I stop measuring and posting, things gradually slide. I keep telling myself I don’t need to do it so much, but I obviously do. You’ll soon be back on track - your journey so far has been very impressive.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...sunny & bright so far fingers crossed for the rest of the weekend...very tempted to have my coffee outside the birds are singing away at the feeding station...but no...my first coffee of the day is a special moment so not prepared to share it with anyone... even the birds...my knee has settled thank goodness...woke to a 6.1

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.9 today. Hooray to be back in the 5s ( just) little Dennis slept pretty well on his first night here. He cried for 10 mins or so, then humphed and got on his cushion and slept until 6 am.
We are spending the day at home alone today just having fun.
@Bildad how was your summer camp meeting. My girls used to go to a church camp run by a friend - they have such good memories of it, well done you for sticking with it dispite the increased red tape.
@Shas3 the same thing happens to me - if I stop measuring and posting, things gradually slide. I keep telling myself I don’t need to do it so much, but I obviously do. You’ll soon be back on track - your journey so far has been very impressive.

Thanks .... my problem seems to be i do too many things at one time... stopped Onglyza, had wine three days in a row, stopped measuring as often as i used to - all in the same week ....

learning: one step at a time... learn and next step!!!

Thanks

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To all the dads out there
FB_IMG_1560668985686.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
have done some research on Vitamin C and a bit more while trying to find a roofer who will come out today (loose tile/s). So, below are what I have come up with while waiting.
Gennepher - thank you so much for doing this research - the articles are really interesting and I have pinned them to my bookmarks so I can read them again.

I was going to read them last night but had a really long day at work and fell asleep on the sofa after dinner so did absolutely nothing in the evening. I even missed a documentary about the history of Canterbury with Alice Roberts which I really wanted to watch

Hope the roofer mended your roof ok.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't work regularly every day week or month dunelm...so have no set morning routine...yesterday was an aberration...I have a can of instant coffee for visitors only (those who have no objection to it)...I have so many types of coffee making machines from the complicated Kenwood one (that makes all the right noises)...numerous cafetieres...the stove top percolator...an electric percolator...filter... and in the brick outhouse still in possession of several full packing cases from our move here six years ago is my favourite... a filter machine you can pre-programme to have your coffee ready when you wake...perhaps the 'instant incident' will provide the incentive for us to unpack those boxes and release it.

Yes, we have instant - Mrs Miggins likes decaf and some visitors like instant also.
Lots of nice noisy gadgets there with fiddly bits to play with. I prefer a cafetiere - mind you, we allegedly downsized 13 years ago when we moved here from Durham City. Not quite sure how some folks in my family grasp that concept.

Last edited: