Type 2 Can’t stop eating

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Don’t know if it’s anything to do with coming off meds (feels too soon but heck of a coincidence) but I can’t stop eating.

That sucky feeling of not really wanting to eat has disappeared and today I am just eating. I’ve eaten my weeks supply of chipolatas (well almost) a chicken thigh).

And I’m nowhere near hungry but I want to eat eat and eat.

I may just start my meds again to stop the eating. I didn’t like feeling like not wanting to eat but I don’t like this can’t stop eating either.

It’s annoying me.

And the cravings. I want anything. Can’t work out if I’m eating because potentially what I’m eating is not what my body wants.

Maybe I’m eating because I’m not giving it sugar.

Sugars are ok. Woke up in 8.3 and for some reason are stick around that. Lowest this morning was 8.1 but still hovering.

Even wondering if being higher than normal is making me want to eat.

If it wasn’t for the fact I am in pjs, under a blanket (when I’m not eating ) crocheting I would be down at Tesco buying the place out.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Some review of your self control might be in order?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you think it’s them?
I usually have carb killas that have them in and I’m fine.
Could be.. they are the main difference in what you have eaten right?
More likely to be that than the med changes also I find eating cakey, bready things triggers all sorts of addiction problems for me.

Reactions: marzak

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Could be.. they are the main difference in what you have eaten right?
More likely to be that than the med changes also I find eating cakey, bready things triggers all sorts of addiction problems for me.

Hmmm. Thank you

They are the only difference.

Dammit. As soon as I find something I like, I can’t have it!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kicking addictions is like that I'm afraid.. brownies should just be off the radar completely?
I find that trying to replicate foods I used to eat usually causes more problems than it solves.

M

Member496333

This can potentially be a sign that your body is missing some crucial micronutrients and is making you constantly hungry in the hope that you’ll put them back.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I sip black coffee instead of eating. It suppresses my appetite.

Reactions: Serena51

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
This can potentially be a sign that your body is missing some crucial micronutrients and is making you constantly hungry in the hope that you’ll put them back.

Oh I’m not hungry in the slightest. In fact I’m quite full! I was earlier but the sausages got rid of that (after the first couple, I just couldn’t stop!! It does remind me very much of pre diagnosis where I would just eat and eat! Not liking it to be honest!!

I could still eat though! Am settling for a hot chocolate.

Have a healthy lunch (if I stop eating long enough to find room for it )

It’s a lamb tag one with tomatoes and peppers and butternut squash!

Oh and cauliflower rice.

If it’s this or meds I’ll go with the meds!

M

Member496333

Oh I’m not hungry in the slightest. In fact I’m quite full! I was earlier but the sausages got rid of that (after the first couple, I just couldn’t stop!! It does remind me very much of pre diagnosis where I would just eat and eat! Not liking it to be honest!!

Oh and cauliflower rice.

Well ok. Call it what you will, but something is making you want to constantly eat. I’m not going to recommend any possible improvements, but in my opinion it’s most likely either malnutrition at the micronutrient level, or seesawing insulin brought about by the polyols. Personally I would just stick to real foods and not bother trying to replicate the bad stuff, but that is just me speaking from my own experience.

marzak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
inactivity, being stuck indoors
Kicking addictions is like that I'm afraid.. brownies should just be off the radar completely?
I find that trying to replicate foods I used to eat usually causes more problems than it solves.

If you exercise every time you feel hungry and have a glass of water you can kick the snack habit. Fatty meat such as chipolatas and burgers do not satisfy hunger for very long. Try moving over to sugar free beans and a whole range of pulses [peas, chick peas and kidney beans etc] for your snacks and give up those fatty snacks and sweet tastes. I eat fish - not battered or crumbed -just cooked with a few veg. when I need a protein feed. You can buy salmon, cod or basa fillets for very good value in bags of 4 or more in the freezer shops. It is a new lifestyle you are starting and you need to do it forever but it takes 6 weeks to form new habits. so don't expect miracles of yourself but will power is the challenge. You can find lots of new exciting tastes and cook simple meals. Exercise suppresses your appetite and lowers your blood sugar. Good luck.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you exercise every time you feel hungry and have a glass of water you can kick the snack habit. Fatty meat such as chipolatas and burgers do not satisfy hunger for very long. Try moving over to sugar free beans and a whole range of pulses [peas, chick peas and kidney beans etc] for your snacks and give up those fatty snacks and sweet tastes. I eat fish - not battered or crumbed -just cooked with a few veg. when I need a protein feed. You can buy salmon, cod or basa fillets for very good value in bags of 4 or more in the freezer shops. It is a new lifestyle you are starting and you need to do it forever but it takes 6 weeks to form new habits. so don't expect miracles of yourself but will power is the challenge. You can find lots of new exciting tastes and cook simple meals. Exercise suppresses your appetite and lowers your blood sugar. Good luck.
I'll stick to eating meat and sitting around at home thanks..

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oh and cauliflower rice.

It’s unlikely to be the meds. If you look at what you’re eating it’s fairly high in carbs and triggering foods.
What’s the carb filler in the chipolatas?
Those brownies are very high and the killa bars are just something else to make you crave.

Step away from trying to satisfy a sweet tooth and be in control of your overeating. Only you can do that.

Reactions: marzak

marzak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
inactivity, being stuck indoors
Some review of your self control might be in order?

Nuts! Nuts and seeds I meant to mention before along with the pulses. Oh that was meant for cana never mind!!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm. Thank you

They are the only difference.

You really need to try them again to see if that is the cause but does not seem likely the polyols are as you say you have not had a problem with polyols before. Maybe it is coming off the meds that is making you feel like that and will only be temporary

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll stick to eating meat and sitting around at home thanks..

Me too, sub ‘normal’ blood sugars, no cravings, slim, healthy and smug.

Why would anyone eat food that would raise their blood sugars? Madness.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 12.48.12.png

Try the brownies again I think it is unlikely to be the polyols as you have not had a problem with them in the Killa Carb bars. Maybe it is coming off the meds that has confused your body into thinking you are hungry and it will only be temporary
Why poison yourself twice?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
It’s unlikely to be the meds. If you look at what you’re eating it’s fairly high in carbs and triggering foods.
What’s the carb filler in the chipolatas?
Those brownies are very high and the killa bars are just something else to make you crave.

Step away from trying to satisfy a sweet tooth and be in control of your overeating. Only you can do that.

The carb killas I’ve had for a while and fill me up for hours. They aren’t a problem. Clearly these brownies were so I’ll throw them out.

In fact the fact I’m very reticent I’m throwing them out is probably a good big sign that I should.

The chipolatas are fine. I have them all the time and they don’t affect me.

I’m avoiding kitchen at mo but I’ll have a look at the wrappers later.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes

I’m finding sometimes exercise raises it.

Cutting the grass (even when it’s not really needing a cut) raises it.

I haven’t been feeling hungry. And to be fair not even today.

I just have the munchies.