Carnivore Corner

M

Member496333

Haven’t bothered with glucose this morning, but ketones measured at 3.3mmol/L so I’m confident that, so far at least, my increased protein consumption isn’t resulting in higher blood insulin concentrations. The improvement in my protein tolerance as it pertains to the glucose footprint can only be down to improved insulin sensitivity from the days where it was a real issue.

Never felt better. **** plants.

jwd1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @jwd1

I cook oxtail on the low setting in the slow cooker for about 11 hours. I’m usually cooking about half a kilo of meat (including bones) in a small (2.2 litre) slow cooker. Similarly for oxcheek, low setting 11 hours. Think longer is definitely better with both as it’d be hard to overcook.

For both I put only a little liquid - probably 2 or 300 ml - which tends to be left over juices from previous meats cooked in the slow cooker - I decant it into small Tupperware containers and freeze.

Hope this helps. Both cuts are delicious when tender.
Hi Goonergal,
The ox cheeks turned out really well, melt in mouth, with the longer cooking time thanks again.
John.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning!

Another Monday ramble. I spent the weekend in a field in Oxford feeding vegetarian and vegan ******, smoking and high hippies with rotting teeth their 'healthy and ethical' food and had to fend off AGAIN the stories about how the aspartame in my coffee will give me cancer, my eyes hurt from being almost permanently in the back of my head with the amount of eye rolling I did.

It was a no animal products field so I thought I'd manage on eggs, cheese and some salami I smuggled in but my suspicions are correct, eggs make me very hungry and by last night I was eating mushrooms and trying to score beef. I also watched everyone around me not being able to carry out more than a few hours work without flagging, constantly seeking out food and there were very few people that fell into a 'normal' weight category with a significant amount having magnificent abdominal girth. There was also lots of oneupmanship on who has the most conditions and diseases; dairy/wheat/gluten/soy allergies, mental health issues, mobility issues, ME, fibro, the bloke with no gallbladder who doesn't eat cheese but weighed around 25 stones and ate everything else...the list goes on.

So I'm another 2lbs down, numbers slightly increased to an average of around 4.5 over the last week, no idea why but I've dropped the metformin for the past two months so maybe it does have and impact? Who knows. I'll carry on and see what happens.

This weekend I'll be swapping muddy rigger boots and leggings for heels and a LBD and I can't wait, not my usual attire but I love strutting my stuff in a tight dress and fending off the looks of incredulity about my age.

Now onto farting.

Previous to going carni, the only time I ever farted was if I deliberately or unintentionally got carbed but I've been windy! Not hugely so but enough to make me think about what I've been eating and it's not carbs. There's no link to the food I've eaten which really is just meat and the occasional egg, bit of cheese and the cream in my coffee I've been drinking for 11 years.

Fellow carnivores, what are YOUR farting habits?

Reactions: Ketocate

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal your avatar looks wonderful, what was that all about?

It was taken while filming with the Diet Doctor crew last week. They were in London for a few days shooting videos for the website. I was a little taken aback by the number of cameras and asked them to take a pic! Very enjoyable few hours walking and driving around London with them.

Fellow carnivores, what are YOUR farting habits?

Virtually none, in stark contrast to carb-fuelled days.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was taken while filming with the Diet Doctor crew last week. They were in London for a few days shooting videos for the website. I was a little taken aback by the number of cameras and asked them to take a pic! Very enjoyable few hours walking and driving around London with them.

Virtually none, in stark contrast to carb-fuelled days.

Ooooo, are you going to be one of the DD’s success stories?

Reactions: bulkbiker

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blame the dog / cat / one of the grand kids... :D

One of them takes great delight in farting and burping competitions and will wander into my room just to do either simply to show off her prowess.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Farting on carnivore = zero
Also absolutely no indigestion, bloat, overfull feelings, discomfort or other unease.
(Although I did have a short period of insufficient stomach acid when I first started carni and wasn’t eating keto macros. This resolved easily)

But nowadays, the moment I have anything other than animal products (as I have this week while on hol) toilet trips increase, discomfort and bloat arrive, and i am amused to find that farting reappears. It is always so odd. Most of my life i used to accept that some level of gas was a normal part of the digestive process. Inevitable. Acceptable. Normal.

Yet eating carni I can go weeks or months without any at all.

Nowadays I tend to view any form of digestive disquiet as a sign that my body is protesting bad choices.