Lo dough brownie mix

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Bought this for the first time and made some up.

Just had a piece and it was delicious. Really nice. I’ve tried other low carb cakes and they have been terrible. But this was good.

Shame about the price though. But as a treat definitely worth it.

Nice and quick with no effort as well!
IMG_0001.jpg

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
What’s the carb count?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Brownies. I love looking at the pictures.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Once you remove the polysols it’s only a few grams of carbs.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cana - Like so many things, you need to test around this particular thing.

In my world, I do my testing and make my own mind up if something is always on/always off or sometimes on the menu, based on my findings. Just one of the incredibly frustrating things about diabetes is we all tend to have things we do or don't react adversely to that are fine for "everybody else".

We each also decide where we set our risk dials and where we set our agreeable blood ranges. Commit to yourself.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
@Cana - Like so many things, you need to test around this particular thing.

In my world, I do my testing and make my own mind up if something is always on/always off or sometimes on the menu, based on my findings. Just one of the incredibly frustrating things about diabetes is we all tend to have things we do or don't react adversely to that are fine for "everybody else".

We each also decide where we set our risk dials and where we set our agreeable blood ranges. Commit to yourself.

I’ve had a bit this morning and waiting to test.

Fingers crossed!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve had a bit this morning and waiting to test.

Fingers crossed!

Cana - It's entirely up to you, but I might have been inclined to stick to "known and trusted" foods during the early days of coming off meds, so that I could really understand what's going on, should I see anything unexpected.

That's just me and my structured thinking in play.

Reactions: HSSS

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Cana - It's entirely up to you, but I might have been inclined to stick to "known and trusted" foods during the early days of coming off meds, so that I could really understand what's going on, should I see anything unexpected.

That's just me and my structured thinking in play.

Oooh I hadn’t thought of that.

Dammit. Oh well too late now.

I’ll stick to my normal stuff now.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Once you remove the polysols it’s only a few grams of carbs.
I am probably being a bit dim here but what are polysols. I have only had the Lodough wraps they make a good pizza base and I would have those again not the brownies though I never had a sweet tooth

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am probably being a bit dim here but what are polysols. I have only had the Lodough wraps they make a good pizza base and I would have those again not the brownies though I never had a sweet tooth
Apparently a low calorie sugar replacer

Reactions: Pinkorchid

Craigh270779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apparently a low calorie sugar replacer

Yeah that's exactly what they are, you will see them mainly in sugar free sweets etc but too much consumption has a laxative effect, if you have ever tried the fruitella sugar free foams you will know what i mean they play havoc with me

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah that's exactly what they are, you will see them mainly in sugar free sweets etc but too much consumption has a laxative effect, if you have ever tried the fruitella sugar free foams you will know what i mean they play havoc with me

Yes, that is why even the NHS advises against eating foods such as diabetic marmalade, chocolate etc, because of the laxative effects.

Reactions: Craigh270779

Craigh270779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, that is why even the NHS advises against eating foods such as diabetic marmalade, chocolate etc, because of the laxative effects.

they are brutal, i had a packet of the fruitella foams one night and my stomach was growling at me for a good 10 hours, i was scared to cough lol