Braggs amino liquid and sriracha

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi.
How much Braggs amino liquid can you have per day on a LCHF diet? Can anyone recommend sriracha sauce without garlic?
I have looked online ,but not found any answers. I am thinking what I can put on my green veggies as from Wednesday I can have 200 cals of green veg and my 3 shakes per day for a week. Also, in the future to put on the shirataki noodles.

Nexus6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
This is the nutrition info I found online for it..... < 1g per teaspoon so that is a tiny concerning if you are using a LOT of it. In small amount should be harmless. Whenever I see "less than 1", I always assume 1 to be safe.
upload_2019-6-17_9-49-42.png

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I cannot find one for sriracha without garlic (I found one that substituted with shallots, but that's no help). I see a recommended substitute for sriracha is home made sambal oelek:

https://www.pepperscale.com/homemade-sambal-oelek/

I don't know how that turns out - I am physically allergic to chilli and substitute for it when it is in a recipe I am cooking. I should imagine it would keep in the fridge for a few days so you wouldn't want to make too much at a time. Then again, it looks very simple so would be quick to make.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I use aminos a lot and don’t bother counting it - doesn’t seem to have any effect on my bg, and I’m wearing a CGM.

Reactions: Guna108

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Not sure you can buy it without garlic, but you can make it, substitute something like spring onion or shallots?

Reactions: Guna108

dms1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never use sriracha sauce because it has too much sugar in it but there are lots of chilli sauces around which are fine - you just need to read the labels. My favourites are any that only have chillies with spices and seasonings as the main ingredients. I make my own harissa sauce using a great seasoning mix which I find in the Middle Eastern section of world foods in Asda. I slather this on everything and the advantage of making your own is that you can adjust it to your own taste.